Quantcast

♢♢♢Wednesday Weather Alert GMT♢♢♢

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Yeah, we pretty much all GTFO for the entire month of April, and some of May/ Fall is titties, though. It is NOT crowded over on the Idaho side, I can get away from all people in about a mile from any trailhead (except for up at Targhee).
It's amazing.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It hasn't snowed in my hood since that pic of the car from 2 years ago. That was close to a record for my area as well (14" woot!). It is very clear and sunny today. I was a jackass and forgot my lunch this morning. Lucky I found a full punch card for the cheese steak cart and he hooked me up with chips and a mexican coke because Ben is awesome like that. Totally worth the cold ass walk there and back.

For the record, I have never shoveled snow. That seems like work and I avoid that.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Ha, it snowed when I was 4, but I remember. Not enough to require shoveling :rofl:

Where I grew up:
Wikipedia said:
Although snow is very rare in Turlock, 3.0 inches (76 mm) fell in January 1922 and 2.0 inches (51 mm) fell in February 1976.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
driveway/walks are shoveled

work has been worked

crockpot full of chicken and veggies is making the house smell like its ready for dinner (the wife will be pleased)

wine is being drank

420 is almost upon us

blue skies are back

Could be worse! Just need moar snow at the resorts so skiing will be worth it ;)

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Went on a date tonight. Her idea was to get a drink and talk. I assumed that meant going to a bar somewhere. So I took her to my place. It turns out she is crazy and knows where I live now. Clearly I am an idiot..... Phack....

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
can't you get one for next to nothing from a junkyard...
There called auto salvage or wrecking yards, sometimes recyclers. There is no junk!!! Just unorganized inventory that looks like junk.

I had a rough day. Evicting a wrecking yard and the fucker purposely dumped a bunch of oil on the ground. So I acquisitioned his forklift if and until he cleans his mess up. I gotta start cleaning tomorrow so he's fucked. He can pay me back. I was hitting rocks across the empty lot with a greasy bat I found when assholes brother showed up to whine about the forklift. I never put it down through out our "discussion". He said he was trying to do the right thing, yet couldn't explain why he dumped 100 gallons of used motor oil on the ground.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
There called auto salvage or wrecking yards, sometimes recyclers. There is no junk!!! Just unorganized inventory that looks like junk.

I had a rough day. Evicting a wrecking yard and the fucker purposely dumped a bunch of oil on the ground. So I acquisitioned his forklift if and until he cleans his mess up. I gotta start cleaning tomorrow so he's fucked. He can pay me back. I was hitting rocks across the empty lot with a greasy bat I found when assholes brother showed up to whine about the forklift. I never put it down through out our "discussion". He said he was trying to do the right thing, yet couldn't explain why he dumped 100 gallons of used motor oil on the ground.
dumping 100 gallons of motor oil......who do you call to fuck them over for that?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Like won't start/run or like threw a rod out of the side of the block? :D

Blew a spark plug out of a cylinder for second time in same cylinder.

can't you get one for next to nothing from a junkyard...
Likely not. It's an 02 so most of those will be gone.

Biggest issue is space to do the job and money. Can't rack it on the credit card right now with being in escrow for the house and current garage has not the space. Not going to attempt in the driveway with the current weather conditions either.

Probably just pull it and rebuild it myself after house is done

junkyard

Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
You call the ghoastbusters!!! No I just get some drums and put the oily dirt in them and have it taken care of by a company. Treating oily dirt isn't hard, just a little costly.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You call the ghoastbusters!!! No I just get some drums and put the oily dirt in them and have it taken care of by a company. Treating oily dirt isn't hard, just a little costly.
send the asshole the bill

also, do you always deal with junkyards in your normal job workings?

Blew a spark plug out of a cylinder for second time in same cylinder.

Likely not. It's an 02 so most of those will be gone.

Biggest issue is space to do the job and money. Can't rack it on the credit card right now with being in escrow for the house and current garage has not the space. Not going to attempt in the driveway with the current weather conditions either.

Probably just pull it and rebuild it myself after house is done
Expeditions are infamous for that.

The cold crap is supposed to hit us on the 14th...

junkyard

Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
send the asshole the bill

also, do you always deal with junkyards in your normal job workings?
Yep, My grandfather started auto wrecking in the 1930's now i run the family buisness with my two sisters and my dad. Hes 75 so doesnt do much. We dont have our own yard anymore but rent out about 65 acres of auto wreaking property. My office is at the original 1973 location. We also have 60 acres of truck storage near here. All located on the border here is san diego. Particularly on otay mesa where all the tunnels are found. We are about a mile or two from the boarder. So yes junkyards is my everyday since i was born till the day i die.

I cant send the guy the bill because he lost his visa and cant come back to america. Part of why hes getting evicted. I rarely have any recourse with people due to being forgein or being protected by a corporation/ LLC. So i sometimes have to go the gangster route and take a mother fuckers forklift. I could go on for days with stories of shit that has happened around here. We deal with almost every government agency. Fun stuff sometimes.