Quantcast

♨☢♨ Sunday GMT ♨☢♨

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
The new Waze layout (New IOS app went live within the last two weeks) is much much cleaner but I had not problem with the old one @jstuhlman and @johnbryanpeters

Waze is crowd sourced and where all drivers help with updates just driving around giving average speed and real time driving conditions and cops ahead. I have tested other navigations and nothing comes close. The better detailed info lets the app rout much better. My drive home from NJ has gone down 20-30 minutes getting close to my drive out in the morning.

Not sure it matters much if you live in the middle of nowhere but in bigger cities it makes a huge difference.

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i found the video game-esqueness of waze annoying. most of the map programs now have real time traffic.

methinks mrs. stoney needs a X5 ///M

freemium s-show. plus, it likes it tell you impossible, unprotected left turns across multi-lane gridlock is "faster" than the main drag. in theory... Waze has never driven in LA.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I used it when I was in LA and it did a great job getting me back to the Santa Monica beach going around some really bad traffic. We also used the no highway option to see more of the city which worked great too. I am not saying it's perfect and you should not stop thinking no navigation is like that but the more you use it the better you get a knowing what it's trying to do and you remember you still control the wheel :) @mandown

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I used it when I was in LA and it did a great job getting me back to the Santa Monica beach going around some really bad traffic. We also used the no highway option to see more of the city which worked great too. I am not saying it's perfect and you should not stop thinking no navigation is like that but the more you use it the better you get a knowing what it's trying to do and you remember you still control the wheel :) @mandown
Yup. I spin the suicide knob, port or starboard, as I see fit.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Thunder mountain effing rocks. Today started with a bit of rain but that went awayshortly and by late noon, we got plenty of sunshine and hero dirt trails. Now I am le tired and ready for some G&T recovery magic.

PS: A college girl ski team was downhilling there today as a team building activity. :brows:

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Back up cams are slowly becoming gov mandated
Minivans are more useful for the true use case of parents. They're also quite big. Jessica feels more comfortable driving her 180" RAV4 EV than a 203" Odyssey, not to mention our desire for a BEV or PHEV.

The only "in between-ers" are the ancient Mazda5 and the SWB Ford Transit Connect. The Mazda5 is tainted by MMike ownership, iirc, plus has no backup camera or navi option (!). The Transit Connect is 5 passenger in the SWB, iirc, and has ergonomics like a space-going shuttlecraft rather than a car, imo.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
We also got some trail work accomplished, 11 people showed up to help. A guy rolled in and in front of the volunteers, hands me a jar of weed?!?! Not sure how to feel, thanks for the herb but in front of a bunch of teenagers?!?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
M is mostly done. Got the thermostat, fan, and radiator in, tranny fluid changed, and everything in the engine bay I no longer need access to put back in. Things went awry when filling up the coolant. I was getting drainage from the thermostat area. There are 6 o-rings that are to be replaced in the process of installing the tstat cover. They kept breaking, despite having 6 extras, I broke all of them. Pissed off because coolant is $25 a gallon. I think I'm just going to fill it with distilled water until i get confirmation on seal then draining and filling properly.

Had Wifey go to Discount Tire yesterday to put her winters on. They are on steelies and require a different set of lugs, as the factory lugs bottom out on the studs. She got home, after waiting 2 hours, and it had the wrong lugs. I had to lift the car on the street, which is a sizeable enough slope that i didn't change the wheels at home, to swap the lugs. Three studs on one wheel were chewed up enough that i had trouble getting them mounted. I had a long conversation with the assistant manager once I got the car down and sent Wifey along on her errands. They will be replacing those studs and giving us a discount on our next set of tires. And to add to it all, they didn't reset the TPS sensors, so we have to go back to get that fixed.

Did get the rear sway installed on Wifey's car.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Stellar day. Woke up feeling like a million bucks, or at least a hundo. Got some much needed garage cleaning done, bike work, breakfast, coffee, then went for three rides. Mule Deer, Mountain Lion, Longhorn. All sorts of chunky rocky delicious bike cycle riding. Followed it up with a half a pizza and a beer, then another beer at a different brewery while watching some sort of sportsball and yelling at the TV for fun. Home now, got ZZ Top's "Tejas" on the hi fi and just thinking about dozing off. Best day I've had in a while.

Care to describe what this right thing is?
PIIHB