Quantcast

[✓] Sunday GMT [✓]

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Need to avoid the interwebs until I watch the race later.

I totally bricked my work iPhone last night. Dropped it in the sink filled with water. It was only in the water for a second, but I'm pretty sure it's dead. Have it sitting in rice, but no idea if that crap actually works.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Need to avoid the interwebs until I watch the race later.

I totally bricked my work iPhone last night. Dropped it in the sink filled with water. It was only in the water for a second, but I'm pretty sure it's dead. Have it sitting in rice, but no idea if that crap actually works.
I once had a phone get soaked while in my camelbak on a ride when it rained unexpectedly. Phone got soaked although not submerged, but the rice trick worked.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
En route to work in an Uber pool. 7-5 today. I hope to use downtime to write a presentation that’s happening in May, and if that goes quickly to also start reading James Comey’s new book.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Called in because we stayed up late drinking beer and playing Catan with friends. Also, work sucks and I wanted to sleep in.

Muddy mess out there, so I guess it's kill time with the family kind of day.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Studying while eating pulled pork, brisket, and IPA to the song of a crying baby in the background. So peaceful.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, friends! ROLF1! I rode 58 miles today on the tri bike. Spring has finally turtleheaded. I think every cyclist in town was out today. But obv though none as fast as me. Red Sox on now...hopefully they manage to get a hit today.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
do you swap pedals a lot? that’s weird...my xt’s were solid through years of swaps and hammerfisting...
No I don't.
Two years ago in Moab the nondrive pedal somehow came loose, and unthreaded itself. That killed the outermost thread a bit. I threaded the pedal in from the inboard side to 'chase' the threads and that worked to get the pedal in and holding. Add a couple years and multiple pedal strikes and now the pedal is feeling loosey goosey.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
No I don't.
Two years ago in Moab the nondrive pedal somehow came loose, and unthreaded itself. That killed the outermost thread a bit. I threaded the pedal in from the inboard side to 'chase' the threads and that worked to get the pedal in and holding. Add a couple years and multiple pedal strikes and now the pedal is feeling loosey goosey.
There is a know warranty issue with some XT, XTR, ULTEGRA, and DURACE cranks from the last few years. Give Shimano a call or go to Eric's and see what they can do.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Watched the race for a bit before having to bring the kids to swim classes. (had to cut it off after Gaetan Vigé's run). Let the kids play outside as its finally nice out now. Prepped dinner (tacos) and then went skiing with my oldest.

Spring skiing is best skiing.

It was sunny and warm, still pretty much full snow coverage, there was a live band at the bottom, an outdoor bbq and bar, and lots of people rocking the 80's onesies and lycra pants. It was a really fun atmosphere. My kid loved it. I loved it. What a great way to finish the season.

There's also reports of dry riding to be had, so this may wind up being a quick transition between seasons after all!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
#palisaderim #notbad

Back from a weekend of camping and riding with wifey in the Fruita area. Snagged a great camp spot Thursday evening and much fun was had at the 18 Rd trails, Loma and Palisade Rim. Randomly chatted with the couple camping next to us and discovered the guy had done Tour Divide the same year as me, small world given only 66 entrants that year.

I hadn't hit Moore Fun in ~7 years, man that downhill is a blast. And any locals who haven't done Palisade Rim should definitely give that loop a blast. But do not go or take anyone who doesn't like exposure. It's not Sedona White Line but you're right along the edge a lot. Annoyed to have trashed the side of my saddle in a stupid pedal slam crash, but grateful to have not gone over the edge.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Busy day here. Finally painted wooden rain gutters in one corner of the house which I had fixed before the winter started, I wanted to make sure they wouldn't leak before painting them. Also turned over dirt in veggie garden, changed oil in wood chipper, installed a rain barrel & went for a short but fun ride. Front end has developed a nasty clink during bigger hits, I hope I don't die.
drop_01.png

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Would have ridden today but the arthritis is fucking angry. Tore down the 7' fence in my 4' deep front yard. Will recycle the panels and posts to enclose the side of the house for the doggo. Not sure if I will plant some nice shrubbery in the front of the house or just line it with sharpened pikes coated in feces.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
There's also reports of dry riding to be had, so this may wind up being a quick transition between seasons after all!
Lucky if true.. We went hiking in two spots over the weekend. Its either a mud pit or still snow covered around these parts.

Deep in the valleys there is still a lot of very solid snow and ice.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
studded tire season! I may try and find 29" studded tires for these conditions, and run them on my old commuter (a rigid singlespeed kona).
I am so done with this snow that I don't want to waste another penny on winter specific parts lol.

Its warm today...