Quantcast

<✓> Sunday GMT <✓>

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Cooled off to the 60s today. Saw Solo with the wife last night. Was entertained, but didn't have high expectations.

Ft William DH is about to start. Time to make bacon and coffee.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Plans for hiking with kids thwarted by my ankle still feeling a bit unstable.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Actually rode the bike yesterday on trails that were in good shape after the 12” of rain we had in May. Ride was followed with a cookout and beer with friends at my house. Good times

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hello Monkeys! I am still a bit leg sore from yesterday's ride so I will skip today and pick up an XC trail ride tomorrow while most everyone is at work. Today I will e-searching new mtb shoes for the road bikes. I have begun to trail ride in thick soled Chaco sandals so now my bike shoes all seem too small. I've only hit a half dozen short rides in the sandals but so far so good. I hate hot feet.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
ok I'm toast. I rode in some pretty warm temps yesterday so I went out a couple of hours earlier today, it was hot a 8 am and baking by the end of the ride. I thought I had rehydrated enough but methinks I was wrong. I did 25 miles with a bunch of short climbs and by mile 18 I was fighting off cramps in my thighs. I sucked down two bottles of water on the ride and ate 2 GU packs and then 2 bottles of gatoraide once I got home. Averaged 16 mph for the ride. Starting to feel normal now that I have been off the bike for 40 minutes. A workout should kick your butt!!!

Geo-Tracker-2018-06-03-10-04-56.png

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
96 freedum units. Just back from riding in the mountains, buddy had to put my 29er tube in his 26 inch wheel. I ride 27.5. Ride completed, burger, beers, and now, shed. Gunna go for a swim then yard work in the heat.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I went to one BS meeting and decided they were full of shit. I have had to clean up the damage they have done at campsites and the one time they hired our guide service for a day of climbing at Pinnacles National Park (then monument) we fire them as a client after 2 hours. The punks kept rolling boulders of the cliffs onto the trails below. Park service banned that troop from future visits.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Sushi/sashimi with @Nick. We then tried to drive to the giant M off of Lookout Mountain Rd but were thwarted by barbed wire fencing.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Since most trails around here are still a bit wet to say the least, I went for a hike. Got caught on top of a ridge-line in a thunderstorm. Took shelter/shed under a rock out-cropping while thunder boomed and lightning landed near by. Then hopped and dodged puddles on the way back down.

Unless it ends with you being hauled out of the woods by EMTs, anytime in the woods is a good time.