Quantcast

➰➰➰I don't know what day it is GMT➰➰➰

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Shooting your mouth off without thinking of the consequences makes me a idiot. I know this yet seem to fail in utilizing this knowledge almost every time.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
GLWS. 76* and sunny up in hurr. headed to meet kid at the bus, then i believe it's hammock and beer time. i really don't mind when the wife goes on business trips :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
dumping snow outside, roads a mess, working from home ....
is working from home not an option?
You forget that Stoney works in the Boiler Room, and is handcuffed to his "secure phone":

(I totally forgot that Vin Diesel was in that movie...)

Quattro and fresh snow tires, I'm just fine.

those "other" people however .....
I was mostly ok in the RAV4 EV with Nokians. After nearly getting trapped on the freeway (basically all off-ramps that go up were blocked by jackknifed trucks or stalled cars, total shitshow) I turned around in an emergency vehicle turnaround thing, strategically took an exit that goes down from the road level near my house, and swapped it out for the Land Cruiser, similarly shod with Nokians.

These roads are truly sketchy today, and this + job that requires me to come to work come hell or high water is why I :heart: Nokian.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
More on how serious this storm is: I-70 closed from Tower Rd (just east of the city) to Kansas. I-25 closed in locations. I-80 closed in a long segment. Snow tires, chains, or 4wd recommended for the (mostly flat) highways in the city.

http://www.aurorasentinel.com/breaking-news/blizzard-walloping-aurora-front-range-70-closed-tower-road/

Yeah, it's not a good day to be out there. We sent the residents and fellows home except those who are on late shift (until 10 PM). One attending, thankfully not me, will stay until 7 PM.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
More on how serious this storm is: I-70 closed from Tower Rd (just east of the city) to Kansas. I-25 closed in locations. I-80 closed in a long segment. Snow tires, chains, or 4wd recommended for the (mostly flat) highways in the city.

http://www.aurorasentinel.com/breaking-news/blizzard-walloping-aurora-front-range-70-closed-tower-road/

Yeah, it's not a good day to be out there. We sent the residents and fellows home except those who are on late shift (until 10 PM). One attending, thankfully not me, will stay until 7 PM.
Yep. Over 2 ft in the driveway when I got home and another inch has fallen since I shoveled.

Took just shy of an hour to go the 14 miles to school. Lots of stuck cars and a few times going onto the other side of the road to clear multiple car stop ups on even slight hills. I could have made the drive in the M, but definitely not worth the unnecessary hazard.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
After the earlier tree down in the driveway, this afternoon was two big branches from another tree crashing onto our roof and sliding down onto the driveway. Thankfully again missing the car, no damage to the roof and the guttering didn't get taken out.

The gathering of chopped tree and branches in our garden is quite the pile at this point.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Its snowing here now, but no where near as bad as that...

I got the Subaru back. I am not a happy camper. This marks two front strut failures, one on each side, within two weeks. wtf mate.

I found this on the shop's site, of the first failure... https://www.instagram.com/p/BCojUnoy_DS/

Now, I am not a mechanic, an engineer or in any way qualified to comment on this, but I am almost certain that they are not supposed to just fall apart like that.

The 2nd one kept knocking at low speeds and progressively got worse and worse until this past Monday when it started to feel like the first failure. The guys took that 2nd strut off today and the chrome lining on the shaft had basically pitted and fallen off. The odd thing is that where the damage is, is where the seal head sits. So basically, most of the time the damaged part is INSIDE of the strut body. I don't see how a rock could do that much damage. I also had boots around the shaft.

:rolleyes: