Quantcast

《⊙⊙》Full Frontal Friday GMT 《⊙⊙》

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
first xc ski of the season last night. it was awesome. got the endorphin hit from it like I haven't had in a few months (probably since my trip to Sedona on the bike). conditions were great and it was just me and a buddy I hadn't seen in a couple of months (all the other guys were fat biking). we all met at the pub afterwards to talk about which method of winter recreation was best...

kid woke up at five today, so it's been a three espresso kind of morning so far but I'm still coasting on the high from yesterday's ski.

have a good day everyone.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning monkeys! Dropped my car off for some love (oil change, new tires and check my squeaking brake) this morning. Gotta love a small town shop where I have taught the owner's children (well, grandpa started the business, dad & uncle took over). They had a fresh pot of coffee on and argued with me to give me a ride up the hill to school. I won....wanted a nice walk this morning. Convenience is everything in my world right now and they do great work! Sq-Earl will be surprised that he won't need to check my brakes, fluids or change my oil as planned this weekend so hopefully we can go for a bike ride instead!
Today I am judging "Poetry out loud" for our freshman so that will be my morning entertainment, followed by 2 band rehearsals and lots of playing solos for my students to choose. Busy day = time flies and I can go home for a long weekend!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Wooo, Last day of work of 9 days. Flying off to DC on Monday to Bury my Father in Law at Arlington National Cemetery, then do some sight seeing. Do you think they would mind if I pushed the MIL into the hole just before they cover him with dirt?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Wooo, Last day of work of 9 days. Flying off to DC on Monday to Bury my Father in Law at Arlington National Cemetery, then do some sight seeing. Do you think they would mind if I pushed the MIL into the hole just before they cover him with dirt?
Your mother in law provided you with a wife who puts up with you... out of respect you need to invite her to move in with you. She is going to be lonely and in pain for somemtime, having you as a punching bag is the support she needs.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
A three day weekend looms following this work day. As such, this work day needs to end already ffs. Another day, another two workouts to do (swim completed, run this evening). My three day weekend will involve more of that, as well as plenty of sleep, eating, and football watching.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
A three day weekend looms following this work day. As such, this work day needs to end already ffs. Another day, another two workouts to do (swim completed, run this evening). My three day weekend will involve more of that, as well as plenty of sleep, eating, and football watching.
I've been using the gym lately too....I'm there for gymnastics practices and don't need to do any christmas shopping. I find that I don't like it and would rather be outside...don't know how you do it everyday!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello and happy Friday.

I really, REALLY, REALLY would appreciate it if some of these dildofaces would stop crashing on the freeway in the morning.

I must do something active this weekend. Been far too lazy lately.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I've been using the gym lately too....I'm there for gymnastics practices and don't need to do any christmas shopping. I find that I don't like it and would rather be outside...don't know how you do it everyday!
Well I run outside year round unless conditions make it dangerous. All i can say about the indoor swims and spins is that you just get used to it. I am counting down the weeks until I get take the tri bike back out (I estimate seven weeks).

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Plans for the weekend...concert tonight, ski Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Gonna hit the High Gravity Beer Festival too. I perused the line-up and these are my top two favs:

565 Strong Ale
A big-time beer for big-time fans of big-time beers. This was brewed in Fall 2014 and aged with Billy Whiskey-infused oak, giving it plenty of time to grow up and work its way into your glass.
Malts: 2-Row, Maris Otter Pale, Flaked Barley, 135/165L Crystal
Hops: Chinook, Cascade
OG: 1.086 TG: 1.014 ABV: 9.3 IBU: 100 SRM: 24

Edgefield Extra One Year
Four special Hogshead Whiskey barrels were filled with Edgefield Extra 2014 Barleywine last year, and those barrels have sat undisturbed ever since. This beer, already a formidable ale in its own right, has in that time matured into a flavorful, complex behemoth and a true example of classic, barrel-aged English barleywine. This vintage of the Extra offers toffee, caramel, and warming alcohol character that has been rounded and accentuated by notes of raisin, vanilla, and oak from its year of aging.
Malts: Maris Otter, Pale, Munich, C40, Rolled Oats
Hops: Nugget, Ultra, Perle, Golding
OG: 1.100 TG: 1.17 ABV: 10.71 IBU: 52 SRM: 15

Cheers everyone!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I am reading ultrasounds today. I am also trying to get my money back for the unprepared "appliance moving including stairs" Amazon Home Services dude. He doesn't seem to understand why I was upset that he showed up by himself with no equipment or tools (and no way to do the job without my own backbreaking labor), and thinks he indeed deserved $140 for that.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
@Heidi I am drooling just reading that. Love whisky or bourbon barrel beer (especially stouts).

New wheels are out for delivery. Hopefully somebody is home when they arrive.

Repack Rider

Monkey
Oct 8, 2007
Marin County, California
Got the news yesterday that Owen Mulholland, the greatest American cycling writer, had passed.

Not entirely unexpected, he had been ill for several years. I knew Owen all my cycling life, for so long I can't even remember how or when we met. One of my dearest cycling friends, he was the most entertaining storyteller about cycling you could ever meet. He was three days older than I am, just got past his 70th birthday.

In the early '70s he decided to see if he could get to the Tour de France, so he contacted the organizers and asked for a press pass. No American had ever done so, and it was granted. He went on to cover 22 Tours. I don't know how many books on cycling he wrote, but no other American writer is even close.

If you don't know who he was, it is your loss, so please look him up.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I am soooo looking forward to some weekend time and it isn't even noon yet. But yesterday while looking at random stuff, I came across an article that made me smile.

Snoop Dogg's Uncle Is Moving His Barbecue Joint Again

Reo's has been closed for damn near a year. Little monkey and I are getting ribs and brisket for dinner tonight, hot damn.

Snoop Dogg said:
Best ribs west of the Mississippi River.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Buying a house is stressful.
  1. Lender wants to know why loss from a side business (the Race Car™) wasn't reported on my 2013 return. I write a letter explaining I probably forgot to give the K-1 to my tax guy, they seem okay with that explanation.
  2. Lender tells me they want the 2013 return amended. They tell me this 3 days before the loan objection deadline.
  3. Can't get ahold of my tax guy—he's old and ornery and is notorious for tuning out for days at a time.
  4. Get another tax guy to look at amending the return—his recommendation is to not amend it because tax reasons. Okay fine, Lender seems to be okay with this as long as there's a letter explaining what we're doing and why. Done. Whew.
  5. Personal returns for 2014 were filed late, lender has requested transcripts (i.e. proof I filed) multiple times with no success. Uh oh.
  6. Also notice that my tax guy (the old fart) didn't put the correct bank account number on my 2014 filing for direct deposit—he fat fingered one digit. Eff.
  7. Go to the bank, find out the account number he entered doesn't exist. Whew... at least some other shmuck doesn't have my money.
  8. I call IRS, work through all their BS security to figure out A.) how to fix the incorrect number on the return and B.) where the EFF my transcripts are.
  9. IRS informs me they don't have anything on record for 2014 for me, other than my extension from this spring.
  10. Desperately calling tuned-out tax guy to get him to confirm e-filing returns.
Waiting now. Stressed. Blarrrrgh.
Got word from my lender today that his underwriter approved the non-amendment of my 2013 return and is waiving the requirement for IRS transcripts for my 2014 return. Loan is approved, close next Friday. It appears that my 2014 fell in to an IRS black hole as my tax guy e-filed in December, and the IRS system is shut down from 10/15 to the end of the year. Bonus is, old fart tax guy resubmitted my 2014 return electronically, with the correct bank account info this time.

"We're set to pop here, honey."

Unrelated: I was mourning the fact that I forgot both garlic and queso in the huevos rancheros I made this morning, then I remembered:
How is it 10:37am and I haven't had any coffee yet? Eff.