Quantcast

《□》Thirstday gmt {■}

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I've gotten a few things from Ketl Mountain recently and been pretty happy with the material. Definitely worth a look.
Thanks, might have to give them a closer look at some point. Was able to get another UA Tech Tee from a local department store. It’s not nearly as thin as the one from Amazon. I like using these because they’re $25 or less and ubiquitous to big box stores making them easy to replace along the trail. So no big loss when the stench becomes unbearable and the shirt needs to get thrown away.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Thanks, might have to give them a closer look at some point. Was able to get another UA Tech Tee from a local department store. It’s not nearly as thin as the one from Amazon. I like using these because they’re $25 or less and ubiquitous to big box stores making them easy to replace along the trail. So no big loss when the stench becomes unbearable and the shirt needs to get thrown away.
Wouldn't a light weight wool t-shirt keep the stank at bay?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Definitely take advantage of the 15% off coupon on the first order. There should be a pop up. I got the Departed for gym use and it’s pretty good. The sleeves are a tad longer than some short sleeves I have but not weirdly so. I just ordered the No Fry sun hoodie model.

I get the interest in the ubiquitous easily replaced products at a lower price point for item like this. I can’t say how well these keep the stink away.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I am a KETL ‘ambassador’, I have 40% coupons that I can share. (At least I was last fall).
Their stuff is amazing for hot, hot weather. I wear their pants all year, most breathable that I have found.
Dang. Wish I would’ve known before my latest order. That said, I might order again.
The Tomfoolery Chino slim cut are way more comfortable than I expected. My only problem with them is that the pocket openings are kinda vertical which makes them a little tricky for my left hand. The other models look to be more horizontal but without the zippers. We’ll see how that works when they arrive.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Well, they shouldn't have asked me to wire shit up. Let the smoke out of a few components, thankfully cheap ones.

Even worse is that my coworker picked the wrong load cells and they only read in tension, we need compression. However I am guessing they use a wheatstone bridge for the strain gauge and swapping the excitation voltage will fix it.

My electrical engineering prowess exceeds my electrician prowess.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
@gonefirefightin stop talking dirty! I'm gonna bring my rotator and check all your grades...
Please feel free to double check my grade and slope! But I am afraid you will only burn fuel back and forth finding everything is within 1” +-

IMG_3227.jpeg

all rough grading is complete! Got base rock down the newly cut driveway and a couple more loads of base rock to make a pad for the well drillers in the coming weeks. Now it’s layout time!

I estimated 15k yards of dirt was moved

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Well, they shouldn't have asked me to wire shit up. Let the smoke out of a few components, thankfully cheap ones.

Even worse is that my coworker picked the wrong load cells and they only read in tension, we need compression. However I am guessing they use a wheatstone bridge for the strain gauge and swapping the excitation voltage will fix it.

My electrical engineering prowess exceeds my electrician prowess.
Every machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Please feel free to double check my grade and slope! But I am afraid you will only burn fuel back and forth finding everything is within 1” +-

View attachment 210260

all rough grading is complete! Got base rock down the newly cut driveway and a couple more loads of base rock to make a pad for the well drillers in the coming weeks. Now it’s layout time!

I estimated 15k yards of dirt was moved
I think I know what is going on here. But I actually don't have the slightest. Just once I would like to fool around with a Bulldozer.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I think I know what is going on here. But I actually don't have the slightest. Just once I would like to fool around with a Bulldozer.
The small ones are fun but the bigger they get the more fun is to be had. I used to run a D10 when I was an operator in a slate mine. It seemed to surprise me with its capabilities daily. The little D3 I used this week is a nice machine but I seriously doubt it has the same power as a D5 (according to Cat) I've run a significant amount of seat time on fires in a D5 and it will always eat. This D3 will spin tracks a lot if you try and cut too much.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The small ones are fun but the bigger they get the more fun is to be had. I used to run a D10 when I was an operator in a slate mine. It seemed to surprise me with its capabilities daily. The little D3 I used this week is a nice machine but I seriously doubt it has the same power as a D5 (according to Cat) I've run a significant amount of seat time on fires in a D5 and it will always eat. This D3 will spin tracks a lot if you try and cut too much.

No basement?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Holy shit, this is not bluegrass like I ‘member it. Som of it sounds like acoustic speed-metal, but with even more complicated time changes. The drummer is ridiculous. These guys could play anything well. As in, probably better than 95% of all metal/prog guitarists out there. (As far as speed and accuracy).

It’s still not my ‘gotta Go See’ jam, but I’m super impressed.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Holy shit, this is not bluegrass like I ‘member it. Som of it sounds like acoustic speed-metal, but with even more complicated time changes. The drummer is ridiculous. These guys could play anything well. As in, probably better than 95% of all metal/prog guitarists out there. (As far as speed and accuracy).

I got to know a little bit about the bluegrass scene when I lived in Asheville. Pickers love speed and cocaine. They talk slow but as you just found out they play freakin fast.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO

Bluegrass is just speed metal for hillbillies. Change my mind.

IMG_9548.jpeg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Good bluegrass was doing the speed-metal thing 50 years before speed-metal existed.

Check out The Infamous Stringdusters if they ever pass through. They like to hit ski towns in the winter. Crossed paths with their bassist once and talked about bikes and good trails over a few beers.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
For perspective, I have felt this way about Bluegrass since I lived in Telluride, where exposure to Newgrass was as predominant as breathing air. Certainly not a new observation.
However, 30-35 years on, the music has expanded and tightened, (as many genres have) and explores different musical spaces, like jazz, metal, etc, etc. For example, this band’s drummer is heavily influenced by Tool.
I pretty much still feel the same way, I can’t take a whole festival, but to see that level of musicianship on acoustic instruments is pretty insane.