Quantcast

《○○》Tuesday GMT《○○》

I'm kind of a bit curious about fat bikes and their winter performance. What kind of trails are they suited to? Shallow powder over hardpack? Just hardpack that you could ride on a normal sized tire with studs? When and where do they excel?
Presuming studs, shallow snow up to maybe 6" over dirt or hardpack, otherwise hardpack. Do not, however, fall for the crap that they're just a winter machine. They are goofy, fun, and useful in all sorts of conditions.

Ohyeah, seem to have conquered leak under sink, thank you Sharkbite and a friend of mine who's a plumber for his advice and counsel.

Dropped an ash tree I have been meaning to take down, managing to avoid a lilac and a blue spruce on either side. Bucked it, split it, stacked it, and burned all the slash.

It is now beer thirty.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I decided my immune system is clapped out. Besides more sleep and water, exercise, and keeping the hop dust outta my lungs, what's a potent immune builder? Elderberry? Anyone have some hippy magic??

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
No new bike today. So I mounted the 2.5 dhf on the front and 2.3 Vigilante on the rear on the Derby rims I'm testing. The dhf looks like a normal tire, the vig looks like a bloated seal with a Mohawk. It's interesting that the 2.5 dhf is narrower than the 2.3 vig. But the profile looks better, and the knobs are still a little further out than the casing.

I'm curious to see how they'll ride tomorrow night.

Last edited:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Lost my crappy job (project was a POS, folks unwilling to heed my warnings, guidance etc.), found another 3 weeks later. Not an "I told you so" situation, unfortunately. New job is likely less crappy, but likely easier and will broaden the ol CV.

Bloody Hell.

Could be worse, I'm still a very lucky guy.

But still. Bloody Hell.

Bike things will be decidedly less dentisty for the next year.

Good thing I live next to good trails, and will be able to bike to the new jorb.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Lost my crappy job (project was a POS, folks unwilling to heed my warnings, guidance etc.), found another 3 weeks later. Not an "I told you so" situation, unfortunately. New job is likely less crappy, but likely easier and will broaden the ol CV.

Bloody Hell.

Could be worse, I'm still a very lucky guy.

But still. Bloody Hell.

Bike things will be decidedly less dentisty for the next year.

Good thing I live next to good trails, and will be able to bike to the new jorb.
You should just disclose that you're the brother of MMike up front instead of letting them find out and fire you for it later.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Start looking for a new job not in the dust bowl?
I been trying to train my people up in the Mill but it takes time. That whole auger incident really sidelined my body and all this hop resin/dust/oil in my lungs has been preventing me from 'getting over the hump.' I want some form of magic to make me miraculously well in a short amount of time. I am thinking Hot Yoga and Kimchi, maybe some eucalyptus.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I been trying to train my people up in the Mill but it takes time. That whole auger incident really sidelined my body and all this hop resin/dust/oil in my lungs has been preventing me from 'getting over the hump.' I want some form of magic to make me miraculously well in a short amount of time. I am thinking Hot Yoga and Kimchi, maybe some eucalyptus.
I had a healthfood store recommend me astragulus before. Can't say I noticed a difference, but there seems to be some medical evidence behind it: http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/herb/astragalus

it's a bit pricey, but perhaps worth a shot?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i'm partial to thai food (spicy stuff in general) and citrus fruit for a good immune boost.