Quantcast

《●turdsday gfmt●》

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Train that was supposed to leave at 1:45 not leaving until 6:00....might not be going to see the stone roses....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

I'm in one of those moods where I wish I was a better, more selfless individual. Unfortunately I'm not and shall instead internalize all of my feelings. Thank the FSM I have a 27.5" plastic outlet for all of my frustrations.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
supposedly the truck will be ready to pick up from the mechanic today. The Turbo bed plate oil seal failed and it is a bitch to get to (must be an Audi Design) to top it off one of the bolt heads at the back of the turbo was rounded off. But everything else seems good and I would rather have had the oil seal go here in town rather than in 3 weeks out in the Nevada desert on the way to Wyoming.

In other news I stayed up way to effing late and only got it 5 hours of sleep:banghead::banghead:

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
One of our local trail builders lost his battle with cancer the other day. Going to ride the trail system he started tonight in his honor.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Still sick.

Packed my car for the trip out east this morning and hit the freeway to go to work. I immediately clued in that I left my dress clothes for the wedding at home. Shit. :rofl:

Only a few more days until I'm riding somewhere here...

Wedding is on a cliff over looking the ocean. Think I can get away with a more relaxed attire? Need to find something at lunch or I'm screwed.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
good ride last night. not my favourite trails, but we capped it off with a swim in the lake with a couple of beers, then a couple more beers at the shawarma place. I don't usually stop to take pictures, but this spot was friggin' amazing. the birds were signing, the frogs too, and it was just so tranquil...
20160629_193045.jpg

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
good ride last night. not my favourite trails, but we capped it off with a swim in the lake with a couple of beers, then a couple more beers at the shawarma place. I don't usually stop to take pictures, but this spot was friggin' amazing. the birds were signing, the frogs too, and it was just so tranquil...
View attachment 122725
Got any picture of some beavers? :brows:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Got any picture of some beavers? :brows:
I wish. the trailhead also doubles as a boat launch for our local lake. last night as we were unloading and getting ready to ride, two of the most amazingly beautiful women, in the scantiest of bathing suits started loading their kayak on their car. There was a few audible "holy shits" and "whoahs" muttered... then silence. contemplative amazement. it was a great way to start the ride.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Should be a good day. Only a few meetings, one is with CISCO to go over the config of our overly sensitive web filtering/monitoring device. I've never gotten to play with this much cool infrastructure stuff before, I've been mostly software my whole career. What's funny is for the first time in my career I am actually part of "IT" and not a member of engineering or development. Yet when I've talked to people over the years and the conversation gets to "So what do you do?" and I say "I'm a software engineer" the response has often been "Oh, your in IT" when I was really in development or engineering, but it's not worth correcting people. Now I don't have to worry about it. :rofl:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I wish. the trailhead also doubles as a boat launch for our local lake. last night as we were unloading and getting ready to ride, two of the most amazingly beautiful women, in the scantiest of bathing suits started loading their kayak on their car. There was a few audible "holy shits" and "whoahs" muttered... then silence. contemplative amazement. it was a great way to start the ride.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Back from my Cali vacation. I did lots. Here are a couple pics from some rides. I rode to the top of Shuteye Peak which is 8300'. OOF, Also Chepo Saddle, 007 and Goat Mtn. Lots of climbing, lots of descending.
Lookout.jpg
Moon Rock.jpg
Shuteye2.jpg
Shuteye.jpg

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
couple weeks back i was in a similar situation, except it was SUP's, an early college aged chick and her big jiggly pair of friends, and her hot mom.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Your photos aren't working. That's a bannable offense. :D

I rode in today. Forecast is for thunderstorms from noon onward. Wife-bot shall pick me up in the car and then I'll retrieve my bike and grab the new bike tomorrow.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello IMO. I swam before work. 2500 yards at 1:48 pace. THAT'S FAST FOR ME. My fastest yet, as a matter of fact. Still pretty damn slow though. It's like a roadie getting excited about a 13 mph ride.

Coffee done, beer obtained.

Still sick.

Packed my car for the trip out east this morning and hit the freeway to go to work. I immediately clued in that I left my dress clothes for the wedding at home. Shit. :rofl:

Only a few more days until I'm riding somewhere here...

Wedding is on a cliff over looking the ocean. Think I can get away with a more relaxed attire? Need to find something at lunch or I'm screwed.
Nobody will give a damn.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
This last day of clinical work until the afternoon of July 13 is going awfully slowly. Perhaps I will channel further internet memes and watch Nyan Cat for a while? Even just typing those words invokes the music in my head.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Got weathered off a big high country ride this morning. Rode a little over halfway up the 9-1/2 mile climb and it got socked in and started drizzling, cold winds pushing in. Decided to ride another day and headed down. About half way back to the bus we looked back uphill and the clouds had really advanced, and within another half mile the rain really started coming down. Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Know why I'm definitely not riding this afternoon?

Someone just stole my bike. Off of my truck. In the work parking lot. Cruised the neighborhood but no dice. Only 6 rides on it too. Super duper bummed, it was starting to feel like it was a part of me.

Now to file a police report and pray it's covered under homeowners insurance. Anyone have something similar happen? I'm just mentally at a loss.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

Someone just stole my bike. Off of my truck. In the work parking lot. Cruised the neighborhood but no dice. Only 6 rides on it too. Super duper bummed, it was starting to feel like it was a part of me.

Now to file a police report and pray it's covered under homeowners insurance. Anyone have something similar happen? I'm just mentally at a loss.
WHAT???
that sucks man. sorry.

You mean from "IN" your truck, yes?
Was it in the truck all day? Any parking lot cameras?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA

Jesus H. Fucking Christ.....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
WHAT???
that sucks man. sorry.

You mean from "IN" your truck, yes?
Was it in the truck all day? Any parking lot cameras?
On my bike rack on the back. Locked. There are parking lot cameras and security is working to pull the video footage. Not that it's going to do me a ton, I have a feeling that it's gone forever. :(

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande

Holy shit that is horrible. MOFOs suck.

Also I have always been super cautious with my bikes due to my first two good bikes being stolen when I was in my early 20s... I don't like the bikes exposed and out of view long enough to eat a taco and is the primarily reason I drive a van or wagon.

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

Fuuuuuu!!!!

My State Farm renter policy covered a pretty spendy bike theft a few years back. Good luck.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
That blows. You should be out only the deductible on your homeowner's policy but still blows nonetheless. Do you have serial #s and the like to provide to the police?
I have the serial number off of the front triangle, I'm sure I can get the one off of the rear if I contact Yeti. Security here is working on furnishing video of the theft taking place as they have several cameras that were able to record the scene.

Kicker is a buddy was outside making a phone call and saw the dude roll by on it. Didn't click initially and he sprinted up to my truck and called me right away. Only consolation I guess.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

DUDE. trbl. had it happen to me back in the day. homeowners insurance covered it. hope the catch the d-bag.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO

That sucks a million dicks, man. It should be covered under homeowner's insurance... had this happen to a good friend a few years ago and it was covered. Locked to the bike rack, same as yours.

That sucks big time.