Quantcast

《●weds gfmt●》

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
nothing were a glorious drunken mess last night....2.5 hr drive took 8 hrs with naps...going to bed.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! Rocket scientists want to move forward with the job situation, gonna be another interesting summer.:nerd:

Fast social ride planned for this evening again. Weather forecast is calling for mid 90s, it will likely be the hottest ride of the whole season. Time for ice cubes and a splash of gin in the camelback? :think:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Turned the video footage of my bike theft over to the police yesterday. It was more unsatisfying than I would have imagined. I just slid it to the woman on the other side of the glass and that was it. We exchanged no more than 10 words, 9 of which were mine. Sweet guys.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies. No heroics planned for today, tomorrow will the last chance to ride for 5 or 6 days as we are expecting significant rain and temps in the low 60s. I'll probably get some work done.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Mornin!

Turned the video footage of my bike theft over to the police yesterday. It was more unsatisfying than I would have imagined. I just slid it to the woman on the other side of the glass and that was it. We exchanged no more than 10 words, 9 of which were mine. Sweet guys.
Are you trolling craigs list and face book for sale forums? People who steal tend to make bad decisions and may post it for sale on line.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Mornin!

You seemed to have a nice clear image of the thief; the green soccer shirt guy. I'd canvas the area & train stop with posters, and ask the news team who spoke with you to update the story by showing the close up of the suspect, even if only on their website. Somebody might recognize him and want a few hundred bucks in reward if it leads to the arrest and recovery of the bike.

Don't give up just because the cops have to focus on larger crime issues.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
GMDI

I still need to fix my rear brake, and hope to ride in the hot hot heat later tonight. If it's just pads I'll put the Saints on for the time being. I prefer those anyway (even on the trail bike)

Burning out on work and have been getting tons of recruiters calling me lately. Perhaps it's a sign ...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Mornin!

Had a bike stolen back in college, reported it to the police. Long story short, recovered it and had a really good idea who took it. Reported that to the police, they pretty much told me to go away, it wasn't worth their time.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Are you trolling craigs list and face book for sale forums? People who steal tend to make bad decisions and may post it for sale on line.
Multiple times per day I am checking Craigslist, eBay, Pinkbike, and other bike forums. Tis only a matter of time.

You seemed to have a nice clear image of the thief; the green soccer shirt guy. I'd canvas the area & train stop with posters, and ask the news team who spoke with you to update the story by showing the close up of the suspect, even if only on their website. Somebody might recognize him and want a few hundred bucks in reward if it leads to the arrest and recovery of the bike.

Don't give up just because the cops have to focus on larger crime issues.
Oh, let me assure you, I will win this. Hell hath no fury like a man scorned. Before I put up posters I intend to stake out the train station and see if I can spot him. If I don't have any luck I have a stack of posters printed and am ready to make it rain.

Had a bike stolen back in college, reported it to the police. Long story short, recovered it and had a really good idea who took it. Reported that to the police, they pretty much told me to go away, it wasn't worth their time.
More or less the impression I'm getting. That and I'm probably on their bad side at this point cause the news station was going to reach out to their PR person to discuss the inaction on my case. I'm sure they were stoked about that.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Had a bike stolen in college, returned to my college town six years later only to spot some dude riding it. Called the cops who said they’d send over a patrol car, followed him downtown and as he went into a Kebab shop I stole it back.
Took about 20 seconds for him to notice and mobilize his mates, who promptly gave chase in their souped up Opel while I was on the phone with the police to arrange a meeting place. Managed to evade my pursuers until the cops showed up and handed over the bike to get everything sorted properly. Turns out the cops lost the police report from six years prior and couldn’t determine ownership. It took them another 18 months until they finally returned the bike to me.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Need moar coffee, dragging ass this morning and yet I'm here before 7 as usual. It is nice and quiet, even on the 3rd floor where there is about 200% more people. But the view is totally worth it and stuff.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
More or less the impression I'm getting. That and I'm probably on their bad side at this point cause the news station was going to reach out to their PR person to discuss the inaction on my case. I'm sure they were stoked about that.
You know what the reality is like for the victims, unfortunately...

Best of luck with your search but be careful.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Had a bike stolen in college, returned to my college town six years later only to spot some dude riding it. Called the cops who said they’d send over a patrol car, followed him downtown and as he went into a Kebab shop I stole it back.
Took about 20 seconds for him to notice and mobilize his mates, who promptly gave chase in their souped up Opel while I was on the phone with the police to arrange a meeting place. Managed to evade my pursuers until the cops showed up and handed over the bike to get everything sorted properly. Turns out the cops lost the police report from six years prior and couldn’t determine ownership. It took them another 18 months until they finally returned the bike to me.
Similar. A kid I know got his bmx stolen from his house. I was on CL like 6 months later and happened to see it for sale. Very unique bike. Set up a meeting to look at it, test rode it and proceeded to tell the kid it was stolen and I'm taking it with me and if he had an issue we could have the cops come and sort it out.

There's a satisfying look when a douche of a kid goes from thinking he's going to making an easy couple hundred bucks to having to walk his ass home. Cops were literally zero help. I had called before I got the bike back myself and just kept getting passed around.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Oh, let me assure you, I will win this. Hell hath no fury like a man scorned. Before I put up posters I intend to stake out the train station and see if I can spot him. If I don't have any luck I have a stack of posters printed and am ready to make it rain.
no reason to wait. you can spend a few minutes a day watching a train stop that he might not even use regularly. :hmm:
the sooner more eyes see the picture of the suspect, the better. totally share the image with the news and ask them for help.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Apparently I snored intolerably last night because the wife had departed for another room by the time I awoke. Said awakening was to the buzzing of my phone, inexplicably from the plumbers. Apparently two toilets in the old rental house are borked yet they have my number on file?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
pulled the trigger on a 10 gal brew kettle. found the best price on overstock dot com of all places.

also, seems to be some air leakage at the valve stems on the new tubeless setup. gonna toss in some more sealant tonight after work (no time this AM) and hope that fixes the issue.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Awoken at an ungodly hour by dog #3. At first I thought she was just being an ass, but then I saw something climb over the gate. Ran out front and saw a whole goddamn herd of trash pandas running down the street. Guess it was a good thing I didn't let her out, We'd be at the vets this morning for sure.

In other news, need coffee, then bikes.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Apparently I snored intolerably last night because the wife had departed for another room by the time I awoke. Said awakening was to the buzzing of my phone, inexplicably from the plumbers. Apparently two toilets in the old rental house are borked yet they have my number on file?
Someone made some poor dietary choices over the weekend.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Wife's employees friend was found brutally murdered in Driggs last night, apparently her texts are evidence. No more details, but drama at wife's store this morning!
This is the first murder I remember in Driggs from 20 years living here....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wife's employees friend was found brutally murdered in Driggs last night, apparently her texts are evidence. No more details, but drama at wife's store this morning!
sounds awful.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I know a woman from Golden who lives up there now. What was the victim's name??

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Planning on going to Valmont sun up Saturday. Couple of the guys I ride with aren't that good at jumping/turning, so we're going to do a little technical class and ride bikes. I'd open up to local guys, but we're going to basics and y'all would be bored.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I know a woman from Golden who lives up there now. What was the victim's name??
Hey... I know that lady too.
http://www.tetonvalleynews.net/news/suspicious-death-near-driggs-under-investigation/article_c9298d82-42eb-11e6-8f03-f345050532e7.html
The name of the deceased and the exact address of the occurrence are being withheld, so as not to compromise the ongoing investigation.

“The Sheriff’s Office is withholding the name until all next-of-kin notifications can be completed,” added Mitchell Golden, administrative manager for the Teton County Sheriff’s office.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
It's not her, just got a text back from her.

In other news, it was never ball joints that were making all the racket in the front end of my truck. Apparently a nut from the sway bar link on the passenger side had worked it's way loose and fell off, and the threads of the bolt got all messed up in the process. Replaced it with a $15.99 part from the auto parts store and BAM! No more front end squeakiness.

Tomorrow I'm going to trim pot plants at a farm up north in exchange for a bit of walking around money.