Quantcast

《☆》~《☆》~《☆Monday Gets The First Laugh☆》~《☆》~《☆》

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Double dipped the mtb rides on yesterday. It's about to get hot for a few days. These intense heat events often bring wildfire smoke with them.

Sellers are sounding like they'll open the books. I don't think they want to keep the business. Damn old people not thinking through shit they're doing. "Why would I have to give you the business documents?"

20230808_184609.jpg

How are you feeling this morning John? Le Covid sucks. The shit tastes awful but get yourself on Paxlovid asap. I tested negative 5 days after going on it
I still feel horrible, was up a lot last night. I'm sort of averse to Paxlovid, took it in the last round, stopped symptoms quickly, but really fucked up my sense of taste and I had a rebound a week or so later.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hey friends
Had a nice ride on the TT bike last night, finally starting to figure the thing out.

Thinking about trying to get together some folks for a fall not-quite-monkeyfest. Mostly just a I want to ride bikes in vermont again, then have beers around a campfire somewhere. Anybody interested?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Anybody messed around with NXS wireless shifters? https://www.nxswireless.com/

Contemplating alternatives to my mediocre shifters on the TT bike. These apparently can run 4 buttons without issues but are otherwise kinda similar to the Archer setup. Limited to 1x but that might be resolvable.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Monday, bring it on. Gonna make you my bitch...or something motivational and tough sounding like that.

Work for a few hours, doctor appt after lunch then pick up the family from airport and get to hear about Milwaukee. Milwaukee...oof...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I've acquired a nice dry cough after a full day at MIL's yesterday. Everything is sore too.

RFP is this afternoon and I have an angry person call midday. Gonna be a fun day.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
IMG_0896.jpeg

amidst multimodal commute to Colorado Center. follow up visit for my medial meniscus repair.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Coffee consumed. School work to be done.
Rode the new bike Friday night and I don't love it (yet). We rode a new slick not benched in section of trail that was littered with ground bees. I need some more time in the saddle to decide if I love or hate the new bike though. The wheelbase is SO long! It seemed to descend well and climbed ok. Just gotta figure out my ride position and dial that in.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Back at work after being off since the 3rd. Promptly forgot my login credentials for work. I should do that more often.

Work + more basement work. Onto insulating the ceiling with rock wool and the rim joist with polyiso. Fun stuff!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

The wife admitted she has no faith I will have the truck ready in 2 weeks, so challenge accepted. It's hot as hell, I have parts coming tomorrow and the "correct" pitman arm should be here Thursday. I don't think I will try to do everything next weekend, I will likely do some stuff during the week.

Be safe out there, Monkeys. They are saying 107 today, that isn't Portland weather.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
probably better beer than colorado by light years....
I mean... that very well could be - but how much time will his family be able to talk about that particular topic when they return? 3 minutes?

<snip>
The wife admitted she has no faith I will have the truck ready in 2 weeks, so challenge accepted.
I'm gonna side with the wife on this one. It's the safe bet. :popcorn: :D

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Went to a corgi event at a nearby brewery yesterday. There were several fluffy potato loafs to be seen, including a few in various degrees of costuming. I’m not looking to add one to the household in the immediate future, but it was nice to talk to a few owners about what it’s like to have one.

IMG_7660.jpeg

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Well, I found out there are corgi races at the Santa Anita horse track (near me). So as I was figuring out when those were I stumbled across the details of this event. I couldn’t not go.

I also found a rescue group that hikes with corgis at a local trail, and they’ll loan you a dog if you don’t have one.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Morning. Coffee consumed. School work to be done.
Rode the new bike Friday night and I don't love it (yet). We rode a new slick not benched in section of trail that was littered with ground bees. I need some more time in the saddle to decide if I love or hate the new bike though. The wheelbase is SO long! It seemed to descend well and climbed ok. Just gotta figure out my ride position and dial that in.
What did you get? I tried a few really long bikes when I was last in the market, and TBH, I never got along with them. Ended up with a more "classic" fit bike 'cause that's what I was used to and I'm f'n old. :D

Last edited: