Quantcast

《《《Thursday GMT》》》

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I keep tubes around so that I'll have some the next time tubeless pisses me off enough to abandon it (again). :D
I have 4 tubeless wheelsets, 3 currently with tubes... the last set could happen any day. I have nothing against tubeless except for the annual clean up due to high evaporation rate in Montana. When I lived on the coast evaporation was never a problem and clean out could be done with tap water.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Lets not forget you can still patch a tube and you can buy a shit load of patches with glue for nothing on ebay. If your tube budget is breaking the bank you have some issues to fix.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip> I have nothing against tubeless except for the annual clean up due to high evaporation rate in Montana. When I lived on the coast evaporation was never a problem and clean out could be done with tap water.
Annual clean up? What in the FUCKITY FUCK are you talking about? :confused:

Yes, I bought my first set of Mavic USTs in 2004 and ran tubeless
Heh - Mavic USTs were my 1st intro to tubeless (2002-ish). I think I pinched on my 2nd ride on them. Went back to tubes. Ran tubes for years... re-converted in 2012-ish when I got my crabon rims.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Rode the bike in a forest tonight. Almost ate poop a few times. Might have got real poop on my shoe. Its just on the verge of being full out mud, so that might be the last trail ride for a bit unless buddy wants to loan me a fatbike up north.

Local store had $3 lemon meringue pies. It took all my will power not to buy one...or three.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Took Haley for another ride this evening. It went well, but she's having some target fixation issues. She hit a tennis court fence at fill clip. On a corner, offset at stem depth. Brutal hit. Fucking hilarious. She cried but got up pretty quickly and kept riding. She's up to over a mile now on the fourth ride on her own. Awesome.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
I have always wanted to go back and look, but Google Maps informs me that the previous location of our house is now a parking lot between TCBY and Pig-N-Chik. I think if I were to visit I would be inclined to violence. :D
Gotcha. That is right off of Roswell Rd. Can't do much about development, especially if you are just two or three houses off of the main thoroughfares. I am in this boat.

There are still some nice original homes back there on big chunks of land and then there are mcMansions Galore.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I run tubeless until I pinch flat at the bead, then use a tube. At some point I need to try a @Full Trucker Side of Bacon repair on one of the pinch flatted tires.
It'll all depend on how large the pinch flat hole is. Those plugs work really well for smallish puncture type holes, but if it's "long" like a pinch flat tear or rip you might need to go with an auto tire patch on the inside. The sidewall tear I fixed with the Side of Bacon plug was temporary. I've been meaning to try and find some time to take a few pictures of my various patch and plug jobs and post them in that thread, to make it more useful.

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
You guys use tubes?
I only need them to form the tire/bead, so it makes it easier when setting up for tubeless.

Lets not forget you can still patch a tube and you can buy a shit load of patches with glue for nothing on ebay. If your tube budget is breaking the bank you have some issues to fix.
no issues, but thanks for being concerned about my financial situation. I just think its absolutely ridiculous to spend 8 bones on a tube when I used to buy them for 4 bucks OTD. I wonder if the cost of rubber went up?