Quantcast

《《《Tuesday GMT》》》

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I chuckled cause it's the truth. Then the sad came and wouldn't go away. :(
Root here is well respected as it should be. But it is also guarded as "this is my job, nobody else has my power" ego trip. Since I am not officially a part of development or support, there isn't a HUGE need for me to have global rights. Part of me would like to have them because it does make things easier, but it also adds a layer of responsibility that I would rather not have.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
DevOps is a dirty word around here for some reason. My bosses boss (Guy under the CIO) doesn't like that word and doesn't want it used. He is also the guy who put ITIL in place, so there is that.

<edit> This is also a heavy Cisco cluster that requires someone with all sorts of acronyms on their resume. You want me to become a CCIE, then send me to school, but you will have to pay me a little more when I'm all done.
https://lionfacelemonface.wordpress.com/2015/03/08/devops-is-bullshit-why-one-programmer-doesnt-do-it-anymore/

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Not related to anything, but @jonKranked has some savage friends. If you're a FB friend you should know what I'm referencing. Vicious.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Old guy at USPS.
oh yes. Frame is hysterical like that. He's actually an awesome dude, but sometimes he forgets to filter and his brain goes on autopilot and out comes the most ruthless shit. might be a few older folks here that remember Draco bikes, he was the dude behind that. runs a high end euro tuner / fab shop now.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A manager at another area at work wants me to go work for him. This would require actual work vs the bullshit PowerPoint job I have now. Have to get permission from current boss to move. She is unlikely to approve.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
No work politics for me today since I am off. 90 minutes on the treadmill alternating 5 minute intervals between an 18 and 12 minute pace, 60 minutes on the eliptical trainer and 4 laps in the pool. According to the trackers that was 1400 calories. The short swim at the end is the hardest part for me.

Going to drop by the LBS to see what fat bike options they have access to.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
No work politics for me today since I am off. 90 minutes on the treadmill alternating 5 minute intervals between an 18 and 12 minute pace, 60 minutes on the eliptical trainer and 4 laps in the pool. According to the trackers that was 1400 calories. The short swim at the end is the hardest part for me.

Going to drop by the LBS to see what fat bike options they have access to.
if they're a bike shop, they probably have an account with QBP, which means they can get you Surly at the very least.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
A manager at another area at work wants me to go work for him. This would require actual work vs the bullshit PowerPoint job I have now. Have to get permission from current boss to move. She is unlikely to approve.
If that's the case, can't you just "quit" and then have the new manager hire you on for his open position?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
My chest hurts even worse today when it should be healing because I WANNA RIDE MY FREAKIN BIKE IN THE WOODS.

Apparently throwing hammers is not good for pulled muscles, Aaaaaaaaaaagghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I'm waiting in a dentist's chair. The X-ray guy used to be a mountain biker. I didn't ask him what he rode...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, last nights 'storm' was delayed, so just doing errands today. Glad I have tomorrow off...

NWS - RPK forecast
NWS Discussion
NWS Riverton, WY
Western US Satellite Loop
NE Pacific Satellite Loop
Mountain Weather Forecast for Today
Snowfall intensity will increase and become heavy during the afternoon and early evening.
Temperature Forecast for 8,000´-9,000´: Rising into the 20s
Ridge Top Wind Forecast for 10,000´: Southwest to west at 25 to 35 miles per hour with higher gusts
Snowfall Expected Next 24 Hours: 6 to 12

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Isn't that IH8Rice?
Well played.

Basic premise is old guy cuts in line ahead of him. Tells him he cut in line. Counter lady says he cut in line. Dude's old loudresponse: "It's okay, his time is limited".

Savage.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Well played.

Basic premise is old guy cuts in line ahead of him. Tells him he cut in line. Counter lady says he cut in line. Dude's old loudresponse: "It's okay, his time is limited".

Savage.
copied verbatim for hilarity:

Grumpy ass old dude at USPS blatantly cuts me in line. Observant Teller says "I believe the gentleman behind you was ahead of you."
Dude looks back, looks me up and down, frowns, and says to her,
"Nah, I was here before him."
She looks at me.

"Go ahead old man, your time is almost up."

Guy behind me says super quiet: "..saaavaaage"

Me: *goes wide eyed realizing the dramatics*
*Silently leaves package on counter*

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Went out and rode the horrible slow ugly seasonal evil fatbike on some of my trails and had fun doing so.
Test rode a Specialized Fat Boy today and just didn't have fun. Granted the conditions were not ideal but I also brought my hardtail out to compare. The Fatboy was a bouncy house at speed on hard pack snow and patchy snow, my hardtail had no issues with either except the tire packed with snow and flew off in big chunks. My verdict is undecided. Not ready to buy.

Solution for snow rides this winter is an additional set of wheels. I'm going to pop for crabon rims and put studded Nokians on my current wheelset. Total cost is $1,200 for the built wheels, cassette, rotors and snow tires. I should be able to ride by the first week of January.

Chose Giant because warranty and past customer service. https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/trx-1-27dot5-carbon-trail

Tires: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-or-2PAK-Nokian-Suomi-WXCR-312-Studded-27-5-X-2-25-Winter-Ice-Bike-Tire-/232151020117?var=&hash=item360d477255:m:mvRziuDYOtQ0ZvFYetimS6Q

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Test rode a Specialized Fat Boy today and just didn't have fun. Granted the conditions were not ideal but I also brought my hardtail out to compare. The Fatboy was a bouncy house at speed on hard pack snow and patchy snow, my hardtail had no issues with either except the tire packed with snow and flew off in big chunks. My verdict is undecided. Not ready to buy.

Solution for snow rides this winter is an additional set of wheels. I'm going to pop for crabon rims and put studded Nokians on my current wheelset. Total cost is $1,200 for the built wheels, cassette, rotors and snow tires. I should be able to ride by the first week of January.

Chose Giant because warranty and past customer service. https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/trx-1-27dot5-carbon-trail

Tires: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-or-2PAK-Nokian-Suomi-WXCR-312-Studded-27-5-X-2-25-Winter-Ice-Bike-Tire-/232151020117?var=&hash=item360d477255:m:mvRziuDYOtQ0ZvFYetimS6Q
If the tires were super bouncy, I suspect the tire pressure was off (likely too high?). Because of the high tire volume they are more finicky about pressure, even as little as half a psi can be noticeable

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
If the tires were super bouncy, I suspect the tire pressure was off (likely too high?). Because of the high tire volume they are more finicky about pressure, even as little as half a psi can be noticeable
Super bouncy is how I would put it, we went down from 11 to 9, pedaling back up the hill was noticeably more difficult at the lower PSI. I'm not ready to full on nerd a fatty. Montana rider has a fat bike I might try this winter in an area where fat tires should be useful.