Quantcast

'02 Marzocchi Z1 Wedge....

SiNNiK

Chimp
Dec 24, 2003
i'd like to know if there are stiffer springs i can run in my wedge, i've already taken the "red" ones out and replaced them with the "orange" ones. that made it stiffer, but not enough.

SiNNiK

Chimp
Dec 24, 2003
Originally posted by Phatswalla
I don't know what orange codes for...but reds are heavy springs and greens are extra-heavys. Have you checked your oil levels?
i guess the orange is between red and green then as it was a little stiffer than the red was, at any rate, no i haven't checked the oil levels. got a quick rundown on how to do that? maybe i'd better let ya know what it is i'm trying to do just in case i'm trying for the impossible.

i rode my brother's bike and he's got a DJ2 (i think) on it. when i jumped his bike it launched like crazy, then i jumped the same jump with my wedge and it felt........smooshy? dint get the same distance as i did with his bike. i know that it goes without saying that i'm not gonna get the same feel or performance out of my fork that i did out of his, but......... i'm just wanting to stiffen up the front end w/o spending alot. all my money is going to some avid mech's.