Quantcast

02 Turner DHR + Low BB question

Hydraulicman

Monkey
Sep 25, 2001
Belgium
So, my 02 Dhr was build up in december.

Overhere in Belgium at the local freeride spots and socalled "DH" tracks;) , I almost never had problem with my cranks hitting anything.

A couple of weeks ago it was finally the big test; the german Dh tracks: Bad wildbad and Todtnau.

These tracks have like alot of rock gardens and root sections, certainly Bad wildbad, it is like one big rock garden. :D

Now I was hitting stuff with my canks alot.
I have 175 mm race face north shores, I know 165 mm are better for the 02 Dhr with it's low BB, but does the 1 cm make alot of difference???

That I almost can't pedal in Bad Wildbad, ok, I can understand that, so couldn't my friend with his M1.

But in Todtnau there are parts where you should be able to pedal to gain speed, but I just couldn't because I was hitting roots with my pedals.

I have a 02 vanilla RC in the back. It has to be serviced before the summer, if I have it tuned by push or mojo, could my problem be solved, because the bike wouldn't pedal bob that much when I stand up to pedal???

Or does anyone have other solutions...

Thx

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Well I don't ride a DHR but I think everyone here would pretty much agree that a bike with a low BB needs cranks that are shorter. Yes, 1cm does make a difference, you'd be surprised. You'll still hit your pedals once in a while but should happen a little less.

Hydraulicman

Monkey
Sep 25, 2001
Belgium
And how about the shock, would that help if I had it tuned, because I already had those race face cranks when I started building the turner (otherwise I'd bought 165mm) and I don't want to buy new cranks, I already have enough other costs at the moment ;)