Quantcast

03 Corolla - Any mechanics?

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Hi folks, new corolla. New to me. It's an 03 with 70k on it. I'm in Worcester, MA and it's below freezing. Yesterday the fluid worked ok, but I guess I drained it dry or something. Today it wouldn't work. I filled it and with the orange rain-x stuff and it wont come out. I poured some hot water on the hood sprayers. No good.

Now shouldn't I hear the motor spraying? With the engine off I couldn't hear it. No sound, nothing. Dead motor, frozen lines? Motor not dead but frozen water in it preventing it from working?

Any ideas? I don't have the time today to will this to work with my brain.

Kevin

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
When my windshield spray thingies gets frozen up the motor doesn't make any noise because it can't push any fluid. You'll have to wait until the lines thaw to know for sure (assuming they are frozen).

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
hahahaha - I was just wondering how many mansioneers drive Corollas. :rofl:
You might be surprised. In the area I grew up in it wasn't uncommon to see a million dollar house, they're probably worth closer to two or three now, with a busted ass Corolla or Civic sitting in the drive way.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
You might be surprised. In the area I grew up in it wasn't uncommon to see a million dollar house, they're probably worth closer to two or three now, with a busted ass Corolla or Civic sitting in the drive way.
I've seen some pretty sh*tty million dollar houses. As a matter of fact, did you ever see BrianHCM#1's renovation thread??? :D

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
hahahaha - I was just wondering how many mansioneers drive Corollas. :rofl:
Well to me, cars are a total loss. What I have learned is that I only need what I need. Would I get an AMG S65 when I have more money? Yes, but right now I'm focused on something else, so I drive a corolla. Good on gas and doesn't break (for the most part)

Most of the millionaires in this country aren't living like Trump. In fact, most of the doctors and lawyers you see driving around in frign BMW's and Mercedes are broke and will never retire. 90% of them. Millionaires are people that are smart with their money and don't spend like idiots. That's whey their still millionaires. As for cribs. PFFFFFTTTTT.......... I see what 1M dollars buys you in California. Just a regular house that costs 500k here.

So, I'm not a fool with the money I have. I drive a corolla, big deal. I don't want to draw attention to myself anyhow.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Easy there, Knuck. I'm chain tuggin' brutha.
It's all good brutha. I just wanted to explain to people about the misconceptions of what money is. To me it's about not being bound to a system. The stuff is secondary.

So I sat and "lived in the end" for a short while. I transferred myself to a parallel self in another world where my washer fluid system on my Corolla is functioning flawlessly. So I go out and try it again and presto, all is well.

Has nothing to do with the fact that it's warmer out now. Has all to do with the fact that I am in another reality than when this thread begun.

:thumb:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Do me a solid and show me how to transfer myself to a parallel self in a world where the hottie waitress at TC Hooligans lives in my house and is a nympho.
You can't change free will, unless she is blonde. Then you might have a shot.