Quantcast

03 DJ2 Travel Reduction?

JTVW

Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
somewhere hot
Ok so I posted this in the tech forum, no response. Now, since you guys know everything (I think...), is there anyway to lower an 03 Marz DJ2 down to like 2" or so? I want to run it pretty stiff for street/dirt/trials stuff, and I certainly want it lower. So is it possible? It would be sweet and save me money if it was.
thanx in advance

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Yeah, Marz. make a kit which retails for like $40. It's a really easy job, if you have a spanner (or bet yet a socket) which is the right size to remove the top caps and the small nuts on the bottom you're all set. The nuts on the bottom require a thin wall socket, or if you're really pikey you can ream out the surrounding metal with a sharp blade (obviously voiding all warranties!) so a normal socket will fit them. The kit allows you to reduce the travel to either 110 or 90mm, however, once you see how it works you could theoretically make it as low as you want, but this would make it even stiffer, which would be fine for your application. I run mine on 90mm pumped up to about 7psi and I find them just great for street and dirt.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
PooMan said:
Where can I get this so-called "kit"?
Do I have to go through a shop, or can I get it online?
I just called Marz. directly and they sent it out to me. Paid via credit card over the phone.

JTVW

Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
somewhere hot
This is it with the Funn rigid fork on it, right now its got the DJ2.
Other upgrades, Avid juicy 7's, singletrack front wheel, woodman SS hub laced to a trailpimp, hookworm on the back, and the bars are slightly trimmed.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
You like the hookworm? I find them a little heavy. Have you tried Arrow Launches or DMR Motos?

The P frame looks great in that colour.

JTVW

Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
somewhere hot
no I haven't, i've got the origional spesh 2.3 tire back on there now (same as front) cus the hookworm was too heavy and I needed more grip on the dirt (where these kind of bikes belong...)