Quantcast

'03 Giant AC w/ Swinger 4way shock...?

VTinCT

Flexmaster Flexy Flex
Sep 24, 2001
Lost in the woods...
Any one else out there on this set up? I'm having serious issues with the rear linkage.....

When the suspension cycles through, its a little clunky, but when I'm climbing, every root and rock the the back tire hits generates a "CRUNK" sound, loud enough for the guys riding with me to hear it!

I've checked all the bolts and bearings, and things look tight, but....

My shop says its the shock "topping out," what the hell does that mean, and is this gonna kill my bike???:confused:

I know there are numerous AC riders here, so hopefully someone has input.

acs

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
I ride the same setup and have never experienced any kind of "clunk" sound or feel, even off of drops. My rear suspension is very fluid. I have no idea what the problem is...I'd give manitou a call.

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Perhaps it's not the shock at all, nor the linkage, but the shock bushings. I've found that just a little bit of wear will induce a slop and sounds. Try this, from the rear of the saddle, lift the bike slightly off the ground. Feel a tad bit of play? Check your bushings where they mount the frame to the sho ck. uh, reverse that.

Originally posted by VTinCT
Any one else out there on this set up? I'm having serious issues with the rear linkage.....

When the suspension cycles through, its a little clunky, but when I'm climbing, every root and rock the the back tire hits generates a "CRUNK" sound, loud enough for the guys riding with me to hear it!

I've checked all the bolts and bearings, and things look tight, but....

My shop says its the shock "topping out," what the hell does that mean, and is this gonna kill my bike???:confused:

I know there are numerous AC riders here, so hopefully someone has input.