Quantcast

'03 Super T to '05 66...big difference?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
I'm currently running an '03 Super T on my Demo 8. i can get an '05 66 for a really good price. during the off season my demo is pretty much just used for tech trail riding, some dirt jumps and stunts. during the season, it's used for all of the above plus most of the local DH races (southeast).

would i be able to tell a difference in the DH venue if i switched to the 66 or is it comparable enough to my super t that the difference would be negligable? i'd like to lighten the bike up a little as well as free up the h-bars for a little twisty-treat action ;)

thanks.

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
i don't know how much weight you'd save as the '03 Super T's are pretty darn light... Also, the '05 66 is going to have a WAY taller ride height... (558mm for the super t vs. 592mm for the 66)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I don't think there's anything wrong with the 06 forks.........I just ordered one myself.

It's just the 05s in particular were kind of thrown out there without a bunch of thought to them being their own entity. They used the same crown measurements and such as the 888s.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i would...but...the whole point of the '05 is because i can get it for $150. i'm not really looking to spend a lot and i could spare $150 if it wouldn't change the dh character of my ride too much.