Quantcast

04 flack jacket

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I am thinking of geting an '04 flack jacket at $110 for dh and fr. Does anyone have one. I heard dainese are the best for every reason. I am 5'3 and haveabout a 28" waist. At the widest about an inch more.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I got hte "05" flak jacket and after today I love it. It kept the rocks out of my spine and kidneys and shoulders and elbows. You get the idea.
The 05 fits alot better and feels a heck of alot more comfortable eith the new improvements. Guaranteed to be a big hit this year. It's totally diff. than the 04.
I could have got any type regardless of cost and I chose the 05 rock gardn. Wise and comfortable investment. you can get them pretty cheap at www.universalcycles.com under body armor. Mike or Josh are great.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Err...well in my opinion dainese are the best, and the flak jacket is not from dainese (just in case you weren't clear).

In dainese you would be a small, i would assume the same for rockgardn gear.

thesacrifice

Monkey
Aug 4, 2004
anyone have any pics wearing the new flak jacket? are the arms worth a damn (unlike on the 661 stuff where it rotates around)

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
mtnbrider said:
I am thinking of geting an '04 flack jacket at $110 for dh and fr. Does anyone have one. I heard dainese are the best for every reason. I am 5'3 and haveabout a 28" waist. At the widest about an inch more.

I bought the 04 flack jacket, and wore it riding the first time this past weekend.

I’m 5’-8 ½” stocky build, bit of gut. Better then it used to be since I started going to the gym 3 times a week. Thick through the chest and neck, short arms (or at least proportional to my size)

I shopped all around and got the advice from most of the folks on this board, and went with the flack jacket.

I had to get an XL because of the chest and gut issue. While the arms were a bit long, if properly strapped at the wrist/forearm, you should have no problems. I tuck the “extra material” underneath the pad at the upper arm pad and had no issues. The Flack jacket was very comfortable, wore easily and allowed me to move without any problems at all. Quite comfortable and afforded me very good protection.

Best purchase I had made in a long time.

Thats me on the right.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
DUD there is an 06 flack jaket coming out and it ahs four differnet sizres so it fits beter and the spine is completly removable, it is better than the dainese now