Quantcast

04 Jr. T movement

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
there is movement some where inside my Jr. t. i have takin it to the shop a few times to try to get it fixed. but nothing worked. here is what i have tryied
i have had my headset repacked thinking it might be that. that didnt work.
i had a fork over haul thinking it might be that, but that didnt work either.
i have had new bushings put in, and that didnt work
i got my brakes blead, it didnt work
i have even tryied replacing my brake pads and tryied a diferent rotor, and non of it worked.

has this happend to other people, or does any boby know what it is or how to fix it. Thanks

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
more info on what it sounds like and stuff would help but if your LBS cant help you i dont think people on the internet can

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
The fork bushings are probably toast (that's what it sounds like to me, as long as you've ruled everything else out) They're not too expensive to replace.

EDIT- I just re-read your post and saw that you tried new bushings. I have no freakin clue now, you can always send it to marzocchi......

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
This sounds like a funny machining defect, since you've ruled everything else out.

This just came to me as a possibility- one of the bushings might fit loosely into the lower, and it moves when you push on the front end. That would be something only marzocchi could fix.......

ViciousDHer

eBay vigilante
Oct 30, 2003
I know this is gonna sound crazy, but check the DU bushings in the rear shock. Pick up on the seat if You feel play then that's the culprit.

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
i know that my pads are fine (i have cecked them), and i know it is not my rotor because i have chaged it with an other kind to see if that was it.

i will check my bearings in my rear shox tomorrow

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
ioscope said:
Your rotor could be slightly loose, that one evaded me for weeks and I couldn't figure out wtf it was!!
This could be a problem, I never check my rotor bolts until they're loose.

J

J5ive

Lock the front brake and rock the bike. Run your fingers all over the front end of the bike untill you find the interface that is at fault.