Quantcast

'04 Redneck Summer Tour: Rock N' Roll Will Never Die!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
As some of you may remember, I proposed to Laura in the Rockies. One year later we headed back out West to get hitched.
We are getting married at Bootleg Canyon & of course everyone is invited (june 22nd @ 10AM). Then we are headed to Moab to ride Porcupine Rim & then through CO on the way to Keystone.

We would love to hook up with some :monkey:'s to ride. We will be on big bikes & since we cant breathe in your great state, we are looking to fuel our rides with gravity.

Let us know if anyone wants to ride. We had a blast meeting some od you guys in Boulder last year, it would be fun to do it again. :cool:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
eh, if I miss you guys this time, I'll see you again soon. Once DH_Laura gets a taste of Keystone or other DH runs here, she'll be demanding you two move :D

Post your schedule when you know it. I'll hook up with yous two.

Uhh, where's Bootleg Canyon?

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Originally posted by LordOpie
eh, if I miss you guys this time, I'll see you again soon. Once DH_Laura gets a taste of Keystone or other DH runs here, she'll be demanding you two move :D

Post your schedule when you know it. I'll hook up with yous two.

Uhh, where's Bootleg Canyon?
40 mins. outside of Vegas on the way to the Hoover Dam. link

we are still nailing down when we will be where. :think:

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
You're gonna have a great time. Make sure you hit Virgin on the way back to Colorado. Hook up with a shuttle and do Flying Monkey and Ernum. There's always a little fun off of Kolob road as well... YEah, all Gravity fed! Bender is making tons of trails out there.

As far as Porcupine rim, don't forget there's an upper part to that! I don't know all the specifics, but you can do a huge section from the La Sals all the way to the bottom of Porc rim (it is a shuttled ride).

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Originally posted by Ascentrek
As far as Porcupine rim, don't forget there's an upper part to that! I don't know all the specifics, but you can do a huge section from the La Sals all the way to the bottom of Porc rim (it is a shuttled ride).
have you ridden this? please tell me more....

we will be in Vegas/BC the 22nd & 23rd....then on to moab (24th, 25th)....then we have a few days we are still trying to decide what to do & we will be at Keystone 27-29, provided the lifts run during the week.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by TN
have you ridden this? please tell me more....

we will be in Vegas/BC the 22nd & 23rd....then on to moab (24th, 25th)....then we have a few days we are still trying to decide what to do & we will be at Keystone 27-29, provided the lifts run during the week.
for those few days... you could ride Fruita, it's on the way from Moab to Keystone.

Or...

If you can find an extra day or two, stop in Ouray (not on the way)... it's friggin' heaven! Don't bother riding, do some walking/hiking sightseeing, hit the hot springs, just relax, have sex outdoors, enjoy Ouray for what it is.

Are you stopping in Denver area after Keystone?

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
Ah, well, I did a little searching for LPS and UPS. Turns up that those trails are illegal (from what I'm learning).

There's a road that loops around from the south end of town to Castle Valley. I don't know the exact road name, but its a popular driving route. You'll need a shuttle. Basically, at the pass is where you start. park up there, and find a 4wd road a little to the west. I couldn't tell you the exact turns, and which fork to take. I was guided by some locals. I thought this trail was a bit more known, or at least ridable... but I guess not.

Anyway, if you can map it out, UPS dumps you right onto the Porc. trial when you hit gapers point (the overlook to the valley). You may inquire with some locals... Damn, I can't believe how hard it is to find on the internet.

Sorry, but the best I can help you with is, hit the pass, and go down the rim. No shuttle services to my knowledge will deliver you on that trail. Sorry to get you excited, but I thought this trail was a bit more 'legal'.

Another ride to hit is "The Ribbon". This is a damn cool ride in the Grand Junction area. You can find this ride in most Guide Books.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Originally posted by Ascentrek
Sorry to get you excited, but I thought this trail was a bit more 'legal'.

Another ride to hit is "The Ribbon". This is a damn cool ride in the Grand Junction area. You can find this ride in most Guide Books.
talking about riding on flat land on a huffy gets me excited. I am easily turned on. :D We are deffinetly doing porc rim. the initial climb will just give us more time to take in the scenery. :thumb: