Quantcast

'04 Shiver SC Oil Level?

...I have to say, for wasting so much paper to print their 2004 cross-product "uber-manual", Marzocchi puts a disappointing amount of useful information in it...

Anyhow, does anyone happen to know the recommended oil level (not volume) for the 2004 Shiver SC (100mm travel)? I found the recommended volume in cc's on Marz's website, but those numbers are generally next to useless, as it's near impossible to pump the carts completely dry before a refill. :mad: And we all know how accurately filled Marz forks come from the factory, so that's not a solid benchmark, either. I just need the good ol' mm from stanchion top measurement, like Marz used to supply in every manual. :rolleyes:

I think I guess-timated about the right level based on the orig factory oil level, the volume suggested in Marz's oil table, and how the fork feels and behaves after the oil change, but I just want to verfiy I'm in the right ballpark. :)

Someone should whack Marz's documents division upside the head. I understand the need for certain compromises when printing an "uber manual", but not documenting something as simple as oil level is silly. The old Marz manuals always had oil levels expressed as mm down from the stanchion top; why the sudden change to cc's? It's a much less useful expression, IMHO.

Anyhow, thanks!