Quantcast

'05 888 rebound issue

droplover

Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
Colorado
I have an '05 888 with a rebound issue. It compresses fine, and rebounds fine, but on the rebound, there is this annoying "suction" sound coming from the fork. It started after a weekend at Windrock. I've tried burping the fork, but that did not help. Could it be low oil? Has anyone else ever had this problem? I tried searching this thread, but couldn't find anything with that issue. Any help would be appreciated. :)

DHDror

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
Israel
Does'nt sound so bad , I would'nt call it an 'issue' , anyway .

try to change the oil if it bothers you too much...

SKYWAYBUZZ

Monkey
Mar 16, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA.
Could be low oil, or old oil. Change the oil with some 7.5 wt Maxima or Golden Spectro. There are other 7.5 wt oils aswell. Maxima and Golden spectro label there 7.5wt oil with the numbers 125/150 on the bottle, same as 7.5wt. Even with good oil and oil levels that fork makes a little noise on rebound as the oil goes thru the valving. Go ride has a good article for tuning 888 in their "riding tips" section.

droplover

Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
Colorado
The oil has already been changed. I call it an issue because when I first got the fork, it didn't make the first noise. Are there any other 888s out there that do this?

droplover

Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
Colorado
vitox said:
it could be a problem with the specific brand of oil, are you running it anywhere near the full open or closed position?
It's a synthetic fluid with a teflon additive. The sound does not start until I reach 5 clicks from the full closed position.