Quantcast

05 Specialized Allez Elite

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
Ok, so, i'm sans a road bike right now, but have this 2005 Allez Elite Double in my eye. My friends bike shop is going to hook me up with one, but I want one now! I gotta ride! Does anyone know any of the specs on it? I hear it is a lot like 04 Comp bike and with new cranks/derailleurs. I am just looking for a pic/info/any good advice on my ride to be? ok, bike on!

Nitromike

Monkey
May 14, 2004
Some ghetto in Houston
Changes from 2004

FSA Gossomer crank
front derailleur is still 105, rear is Ultegra I believe (can verify in a few hours)
Alex 280 (I believe) wheelset
frame looks physically like the 2004 Comp, color scheme is also red and white but not the same as the Comp. Bar tape is white.

If you can wait til one comes in its worth the wait.

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
ok, i've decided i'm going to wait, even though i'm wicked anxious to get another road bike. but, here's the next question. what kind of pedals? Eggbeater, ATB or speedplay? I'm fine with the ATB's, but I had them on my last Trek and was def. embarassed by the drunks at the local bar...whoops. anyways, any type of advice on pedals/shoe combo? ok, thanks again!

Nitromike

Monkey
May 14, 2004
Some ghetto in Houston
I use Sidi Lightnings with Ultegra SPD-SLs .. swapped from Looks and will never go back, they just feel soooooo damn good. Low stack height, low weight, nice retention, and the cleats are actually walkable. If money if a issue get the 105 level pedals, you won't be disappointed.