Quantcast

'05 wrc ford focus

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
On Tuesday, Ford, who have put their Jaguar Formula One motor racing team up for sale, said they would be staying in rallying for the next four years.

from the bbc

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
also

Rallying suffers double team blow

Citroen's Sebastien Loeb won this year's drivers' championship
World champions Citroen and stablemates Peugeot will pull out of the World Rally Championship at the end of 2005.
The French manufacturers have blamed "tougher conditions in the car market" for the decision to withdraw.

Citroen and Peugeot have dominated rallying in the last five years, winning five manufacturers' titles and three drivers' titles between them.

Frenchman Sebastien Loeb was crowned drivers' champion in 2004 after just missing out on the title in 2003.

"Given the current economic climate in the industry, PSA Peugeot Citroen has decided not to commit to the world rally championship beyond 2005," said a statement on Thursday.

"In 2005 we will be studying alternative ways in which to keep an interest in the world of sport with a reduced budget.

"As soon as we know, Citroen Sport and Peugeot Sport will announce which disciplines we will be investing in beyond 2005."

On Tuesday, Ford, who have put their Jaguar Formula One motor racing team up for sale, said they would be staying in rallying for the next four years.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
much prefered the old focus, but there are certain features of the new one that look great, love the whole front end, back of it will take a while to get used to,. paint job rules.
looks a lot less aggressive now which is a shame, but it still screams out rally.

the super1600 fiesta is pretty cool as well, looks heavy based on the fiesta rally concept car.

are they still planning to introduce it late 05 to be in line with citreons C4 release or has that changed.

oh and they have confirmed a 4 year deal, so they'll still be with us for a while yet, i couldnt imagine rally without ford.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
steve45 said:
much prefered the old focus, but there are certain features of the new one that look great, love the whole front end, back of it will take a while to get used to,. paint job rules.
looks a lot less aggressive now which is a shame, but it still screams out rally.

the super1600 fiesta is pretty cool as well, looks heavy based on the fiesta rally concept car.

are they still planning to introduce it late 05 to be in line with citreons C4 release or has that changed.

oh and they have confirmed a 4 year deal, so they'll still be with us for a while yet, i couldnt imagine rally without ford.
me ether. ford has been around a long time.

MK2's rule!

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM

colin mabey to drive for skoda.

if colin rides marz i will too!

Ralph Shaheen (everybody's favorite WRC announcer) just reported on Windtunnel that he spoke with Nicki Grist earlier today and that Nicki was the co-driver for Colin's test with Skoda and that the two of them are in talks with Skoda about teaming up in a car next year.
How much fun would it be to have Colin and the Welsh Wizard back together again? It just might make the WRC interesting again.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
not only that, there were reports that skodas team boss was also intrested in colins young protege chris meeke, i'd love to see the pair of them on the same team.

but getting colin back in the driving seat again would be great, i'd have someone to cheer for, it'd also be great for him to take back his record that was stolen from him by carlos sainz..

holy crap theres a crazy mad modded nissan skyline sitting outside my house at the moment, damn that thing is loud. but any back to the topic.

Apr 26, 2002
Victoria, BC
We'll see if Colin can keep up....since he ditched nicky he just has not been doing all that good. Mabye he got brought down to earth a bit....heh. I will miss Carlos.....best driver IMO.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
So who is in for 2005? Ford, Skoda, ???? I thought I heard rumors of Sube pulling out, Mitsubishi's doing the hurt dance...

I thought grist and Mcrae weren't really down with each other anymore...I thought they had beef.

Why would citroen pull out? I thought they just brought out the C4 and everybody was excited...just a street car now? Too bad.

I like the new focus. Less sharp edges and a more rounded feel, thought it looks a little like a squashed kia. I like the front end, very fiesta like.

I wonder what next year has in store for rallying...I know around here a couple of events got cancelled (maine forest winter and one in NH i think). Something exciting neeeds to happen...a new driver? A US tour stop? The return of B? Sigh...if only...

Attachments

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
MMcG said:
Pimpin Yo!

I like the one on the left with the more understated rear spoiler.
The one on the left is a new fiesta, the right is a focus WRC. I love the new fiesta, btw. The road versions will certainly not have the same spoiler.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
Sandwich said:
So who is in for 2005? Ford, Skoda, ???? I thought I heard rumors of Sube pulling out, Mitsubishi's doing the hurt dance...

I thought grist and Mcrae weren't really down with each other anymore...I thought they had beef.

I wonder what next year has in store for rallying...

The return of B? Sigh...if only...
well for next year i think the confirmed wrc teams are.
subaru
ford
citreon
peugeot
mitsubishi
skoda
i think thats it but correct me if i'm wrong

as far as i know they are all doing full WRC programs. not sure on the drivers yet though things seem to be very mixed up at the moment, but things should be sorted out very soon.

the Mcrae/grist thing i think is all cool now, well its seems like it anyway, they tested together and they've been talking, i've even heard roumers that they will be doing some rally raid events but i dont know if thats true.

next year is gonna be one of those weird years with money and budgets being a big factor and a lot of uncertainty about 06, i dont know how its gonna turn out though, hopefully nobody drops out, and no doubt it will be an exciting year, its gonna be quite a rollercoaster.

lets just hope things are sorted out financially for 06 the absence of 2 or more major teams could have a very big negitive impact on the sport, it may even bring down WRC altogether, its a horrible thought, but i'm sure there will be some plan put forward to bring down the cost enough to satisfy the teams, at least i hope so anyway.

group B, it would be so amazing to see it properly in person, that seemed like a golden age of rally, those things were monsterous, if only i was alive back then. i've seen, touch and looked inside of a group B car, i was fortunate enough to get into the scriuteneering section and have a look around a 6r4, words wouldnt do it justice, i'll remember that noise for the rest of my life.