Quantcast

06-08 888 compression dampers compatible w/04-05 chassis?

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
My 04's comp damper just took a dump on me and unless Marz has old stock, am I SOL or does anybody know if I can just drop an 06+ damper w/LSC in my old fork's leg?

DHRracer

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
Left side most likely,Right side NO,compare the price of Dampers and what you could get a good 06' 888 RC2X for and I think your best bet would to just get something newer.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Price aside, I'm fairly sure it WILL work. The only thing is, you'll need the topcap (and top/bottom adjusters if you want them) for the new damper as well.

The actual stanchion is the same to my knowledge, as is the foot hole in the lowers - therefore the new damper should fit right in.

I'd price it all up and then decide which way you go.

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
Price aside, I'm fairly sure it WILL work. The only thing is, you'll need the topcap (and top/bottom adjusters if you want them) for the new damper as well.

The actual stanchion is the same to my knowledge, as is the foot hole in the lowers - therefore the new damper should fit right in.

I'd price it all up and then decide which way you go.

So long as he sticks to 06-07.

The 08's use 38mm stantions (he says 06-08 in the thread title)

I've got an old but hardly used prototype Mojo 999R cartridge for an 04-07 888 if you're interested. It replaces all internals on both sides. Spring rate is for 210+ lb rider. Let me know if you're interested, it's been sitting in a box for a year or so.

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/249189/