Quantcast

06' Boxxer

konaman937

Chimp
Oct 22, 2006
Amarillo Texas
Hey guys,

Im running a stock boxxer team on my bike and i just ordered a short crown for it. I hate the drop crown that comes with it. Will the shorter crown help improve anything such as control? Or should i just lower my stanctions to get smaller amount of travel?

Cheers , Riley
:cheers:

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Hey guys,

Im running a stock boxxer team on my bike and i just ordered a short crown for it. I hate the drop crown that comes with it. Will the shorter crown help improve anything such as control? Or should i just lower my stanctions to get smaller amount of travel?

Cheers , Riley
:cheers:
Hmm where to start...

Well if your stock crown was not hitting anything at steering lock, then you just wasted $50. The new crown will do nothing for the adjustability, control, axle to crown length, or amount of travel your fork gets.

Lowering your crowns will only lessen your travel if and when your front tire comes to a grinding halt on your lower crown. You will most likely be hauling @ss or landing a big jump when your front wheel will stop completely, throwing you into the ground at very high velocity..Good luck with that!

The distanced from the seals to the bottom edge of your lower crown NEEDS to be just over 203mm. If your front tire is large, you might want to make sure that it has 203mm of clearance as well.

Do some research, and learn your self about your fork before you get hurt. There is lots of info here (use the search function) and on the RS web site (tech section shows all kinds of info as well as measurements etc).