Quantcast

06 Sunday Elite ?

jungle

Monkey
Jan 11, 2006
Anyone own or seen any 06 Sunday Elite bikes ?
How do they go spec'ed with a Fox DHX5.0
and 06 888 RC2X fork?

I personally prefer a 5th and boxxer setup myself

Any opinions on the 06 Sunday Elite setup ?
Good or bad ?

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
jungle said:
Anyone own or seen any 06 Sunday Elite bikes ?
How do they go spec'ed with a Fox DHX5.0
and 06 888 RC2X fork?

I personally prefer a 5th and boxxer setup myself

Any opinions on the 06 Sunday Elite setup ?
Good or bad ?
It's a good set-up, but it's a bit heavier than the WC model. Go to www.ironhorsebikes.com and check out the spec-list on both bikes...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Jungle you ask some strange questions. A Sunday with a Boxxer and a 5th - I think that is what is called the 06 Sunday Team.

jungle

Monkey
Jan 11, 2006
CBJ,

Right you are,
Strange as it may seem,
Ironhorse did a very nice spec on the 05 Sunday Team,
unfortunately because they introduced the Sunday Elite in 06
they downspec'ed the 06 Sunday Team to a 3 way 5th, still with Boxxer Teams but only Hayes HFX-9 brakes.
Also, my local Ironhorse dealer has offered me a killer deal to upgrade my 05 Sunday Team to a 06 Sunday Elite with Saint brakes, Fox DHX5.0 and 888 RC2X forks, but I don't know much about the DHX or 888 as I've only ever had boxxers and 5th's on my bikes , so i'm abit hesitant to change now.
I've had Saint brakes before and have been more than happy with them.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Well people like 888's for the most part.
Plush, stiff, tuneable progression. The new ones are lower ride height too.
Fox DHX's are well liked too. Good fit for the sunday where you don't need much platform. More active than a 5th to the trail chatter.

I'd personally pick the elite over the team for these two components....and the color:drool: Stealthy goodness

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Personally, I prefer the Sunday Elite over all the other Sundays. The DHX seems like a way better match for the Sunday than the 5th because the DW link doesn't really need platform. Plus, as Zark said, the color is awesome. If it were me I'd sell the 888 for a Boxxer Team and you'd have exactly what you want, plus the new Boxxer Team is gray to match the bike. You'd drop some weight, have the same travel and performance, and it would still match the bike.

jungle

Monkey
Jan 11, 2006
Bicyclist said:
Personally, I prefer the Sunday Elite over all the other Sundays. The DHX seems like a way better match for the Sunday than the 5th because the DW link doesn't really need platform. Plus, as Zark said, the color is awesome. If it were me I'd sell the 888 for a Boxxer Team and you'd have exactly what you want, plus the new Boxxer Team is gray to match the bike. You'd drop some weight, have the same travel and performance, and it would still match the bike.
You must of read my mind,
I sort of was thinking that in the back of my mind,
while everything is brand new and resaleable,
swapping out the 888 RC2X's for some Boxxers
and swapping out the Diablous cranks for some Saint cranks.
Provided the DHX5.0 did it's job on the Sunday well
It would be a really sweet rig.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
go-ride.com said:
Acadian has both a Sunday with a Progressive and a Sunday with a Fox DHX. He seems to prefer the DHX, and I'd agree after riding Sundays with both shocks.
and mine will also be fitted with a DHX once I get the frame back from the painters!

IMO the DHX definitely works better than the Progressive damper.

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
Haven't ridden it yet, but I just got an Elite. Looks awesome, and the price can't be beat. Look at it this way, if you don't like the parts, sell them and buy the ones you want. I sold the brakes, fork, wheels, shifter, and der. All replaced with 2006 Boxxer Team, X-9 Trigger and der, Ringle Single Track wheels, and Juicy 7's. Just my $0.02

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Acadian said:
and mine will also be fitted with a DHX once I get the frame back from the painters!

IMO the DHX definitely works better than the Progressive damper.

WHAT? You have Two Sunday's? How bout kickin one my way and then building up the 7pt ;)

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
jungle said:
You must of read my mind,
I sort of was thinking that in the back of my mind,
while everything is brand new and resaleable,
swapping out the 888 RC2X's for some Boxxers
and swapping out the Diablous cranks for some Saint cranks.
Provided the DHX5.0 did it's job on the Sunday well
It would be a really sweet rig.
Personally I would either keep the Diablous cranks or go for Middleburns 'cause it seems to me like the Saint and Diablous cranks are really similar.

The Elite w/ a Boxxer team would be so dope! Do it, you know you want to...

jungle

Monkey
Jan 11, 2006
Bicyclist said:
Personally I would either keep the Diablous cranks or go for Middleburns 'cause it seems to me like the Saint and Diablous cranks are really similar.

The Elite w/ a Boxxer team would be so dope! Do it, you know you want to...
yeah i want to........

yeah i reckon so, a 06 boxxer team or thinking about it,
even a set of Fox40's, as i've never been a big fan of 888's.

I still reckon the Saint cranks would hit it off with all the rest of the shimano spec (Saint brakes & shifter, XT derailer) on the elite
as i've never been a big fan of Raceface cranks either.

cheers