Quantcast

06 SX Trail *pics*

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Little pic heavy but thought some of you might want to check it out.

Hadley 108pt Ti Bolts

X.O.

Saint/E13 SRS- G-Ring

Van36RC2

Hydro goodness

37lbs (lighter tires will get it closer to 35) EA70 bar should be here soon

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
CHOP said:
Nice ride! Sure hope you hold on to this bike for awhile instead of selling it like the other ones.:thumb:
We'll see.... I like to try new things..... I will say I'm really liking it though, really impressed

jncarpenter

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
lynchburg, VA
...very nice Sean!!!! What's with the rear hub & the bolts? Haven't seen that one yet. I thought they were QR or TA...never seen the "fun bolts" approach on a Hadley.

PS..I touched your frame before you did :blah:

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
jncarpenter said:
...very nice Sean!!!! What's with the rear hub & the bolts? Haven't seen that one yet. I thought they were QR or TA...never seen the "fun bolts" approach on a Hadley.

PS..I touched your frame before you did :blah:
Ti Bolt Kit, semi new thing from Hadley. (comes with pretty slick 10mm or 12mm via washers)

boone

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
That thing is sick sheeeit!
Just like mine...almost :rolleyes:
I dont have my wheels yet!!!

Mine will also have a 66rc and all x9!

Dude...where is your derailleur protector? Dont want to use it?
Lets have a freakin ride report :)

And for God sake get that thing dirty.

Nice work bra!

B

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
boone said:
Dude...where is your derailleur protector? Dont want to use it?
Lets have a freakin ride report :)

And for God sake get that thing dirty.

B
Yeah the Der. protetctor and hadley ti bolt kit didn't seem to get along too well, doesn't seem like much of the area I actually hit a der. in anyway so I didn't use it.

It has mud now, I'll know more later,but so far I'm very impressed with it, it feels very neutral, instantly comfortable. Feels great on fast stutter hits, begs to be pumped in and out of corners and any dip in the trail. Very flickable but still stable at speed. I'll try and get some ride shots soon.

Solo ride today, here are some cell phone shots, it was really nice today especially for jan. (cell phone shots from today) edit: I think I need to take a link out of my chain

Attachments

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Monkeybidnezz said:
Sweet, great ride. Single ring up front huh, man you are brave lol...That or you don't plan on pedaling up heheh
I have a front der. 22/32 set up as well. going up the fireroad isn't so bad with a 36.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Nice build - and it looks pimp too. I've always wanted to get one of those, and if I ever did - I would have built it in almost the exact same way.

Nice bike. :drool:

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
jncarpenter said:
...Andrew, is that your Sovereign Davy is building up at the shop?
Sovereign? I wish.... i have no money for bikes, my stupid heckler needs a fork. and my chase needs a new guide (LG1 and new tires for DS/mtnx)

jncarpenter

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
lynchburg, VA
mobius said:
Sovereign? I wish.... i have no money for bikes, my stupid heckler needs a fork. and my chase needs a new guide (LG1 and new tires for DS/mtnx)
...weird! Some guy named Andrew who had his Cannondale Chase stolen is having a Sovereign built up. Thought it might be you.:)

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
Bay Area
You know, I have never heard anyone refer to their Heckler as, "my stupid heckler".

Now, about that SX Trail, that is one sweet looking bike. A little heavier than I thought they would be though. Since you have that bike Sooooooooo Gucci'ed out, you might as well get an RCS Ti Spring. That should save you a half a pound at least.

mobius said:

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
lonewolfe said:
You know, I have never heard anyone refer to their Heckler as, "my stupid heckler".

Now, about that SX Trail, that is one sweet looking bike. A little heavier than I thought they would be though. Since you have that bike Sooooooooo Gucci'ed out, you might as well get an RCS Ti Spring. That should save you a half a pound at least.
spoiled kids these days sheesh, can't even respect the heckler, I thought about a ti spring.....

It wasn't a real accurate way of weighing it....

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
wow that is one of the nicest builds i have ever seen, very cool, have fun wit it

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Well when your heckler has been hanging on the rack since norba snowshoe in august without a fork you'd be calling it that too.

lonewolfe said:

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
dw said:
Nice build man. That shifter is amazing, I love mine.
the x.o. shifting is rediculously nice, much nicer then I anticipated.

I think you might like the dh rig I'm planning out.

edit: weighed it on a better scale, 36lbs (that's with the ea70 bar now)