Quantcast

06 Travis Triple Ti Insrinsic??

sixsixtysix

Monkey
Mar 6, 2005
Hell
There was no Travis last year :rofl:

People have just started getting them in the last week or so, I am sure there will be reviews shortly.

pieno

Chimp
Sep 20, 2005
I had a brief ride on one. One of my mates had the pre-production one. They feel good, very smooth, first inch or two seems very soft then they seems to ramp up nicely. I would say they feel as nice as my 06 world cups

DH Dad

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
MA
I have the 180mm SC Intrinsic. Not the Triple Ti but same damping. Feels very nice. I've been on an Avy DHf for the last 3 seasons and the Travis feels as plush as the Avy did, if not more so. Plus, since I have the SC I dropped over 2 lbs. from the front of my bike. So far I'm loving the feel of it, lifts aren't open yet so I've only done local shuttles but I'll rate it very high so far. First true DH day will really tell though.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Its really a great fork. Way better than the Dorado. I've ridden Fox 40s, 06 WCs, and the Travis. All of these forks are top notch and fairly equal. The advantage to the WC and 40 is that they aren't that tall for 8" forks. I ride a 180mm Travis Ti Intrinsic and don't really feel the need for 8" but would of course take it if the 8" Travis wasn't so tall.

As has been said the Travis Intrinisc is super plush. It has a wide adjustment range for rebound and isn't over damped like previous Manitous. The "compression"/bottom out knob only has 6 clicks and suprizingly enough you can tell the difference between each click. You can't really tell the difference "in the parking lot", but making back to back runs on the same trail you can tell the diff with one additional click.

If you push down really hard you can actually bottom it out, but while riding, even in the steepest and burliest stuff, I can rarely feel it bottom.

I've had mine since the first of the year and raced a snow/mud race, Bootleg in Feb. and now the last 3 weekends at Windrock and so far its needed no maintainence and still feels super plush.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
They look might spiffy. Everyone seems to love them, I wish I could snag a ride one on for myself.

Sep 9, 2004
Littleton, CO
We have one at the shop if you wanna see it chucklehead.

In response to Profro, there was a recent post compairing the heights and it didn't seem that the Travis was much taller than any other 8inch fork. I don't think its really much taller than the 8in Dorado was.

All in all I cant wait till I get mine.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
dexter said:
what profo said
diety invented white-manhattanprjkt83
sinister maxxis smith deity e13 manitou
NYCFREERIDE

profro said:
Its really a great fork. Way better than the Dorado. I've ridden Fox 40s, 06 WCs, and the Travis. All of these forks are top notch and fairly equal. The advantage to the WC and 40 is that they aren't that tall for 8" forks. I ride a 180mm Travis Ti Intrinsic and don't really feel the need for 8" but would of course take it if the 8" Travis wasn't so tall.

As has been said the Travis Intrinisc is super plush. It has a wide adjustment range for rebound and isn't over damped like previous Manitous. The "compression"/bottom out knob only has 6 clicks and suprizingly enough you can tell the difference between each click. You can't really tell the difference "in the parking lot", but making back to back runs on the same trail you can tell the diff with one additional click.

If you push down really hard you can actually bottom it out, but while riding, even in the steepest and burliest stuff, I can rarely feel it bottom.

I've had mine since the first of the year and raced a snow/mud race, Bootleg in Feb. and now the last 3 weekends at Windrock and so far its needed no maintainence and still feels super plush.

Morewood Bikes
Maxxis Tires
Answer Products and Manitou Suspension
SPY
E13

thats all i have to say

it looks like a good fork. manitiou has had good dampers not spv but tpc+

the real deal with these and all manitiou stuff is will it stay smooth or get sticky after time.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
bcd said:
diety invented white-manhattanprjkt83
sinister maxxis smith deity e13 manitou
NYCFREERIDE

Morewood Bikes
Maxxis Tires
Answer Products and Manitou Suspension
SPY
E13

thats all i have to say

it looks like a good fork. manitiou has had good dampers not spv but tpc+

the real deal with these and all manitiou stuff is will it stay smooth or get sticky after time.

:think:? How did i get dragged into this hahha.

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
I have a pretty white one hanging in my garage. Unfortunately, I can't even do a parking lot test on it because I have no frame. It is very light though which is good because the nail it's hanging on is kinda weak.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
manhattanprjkt83 said:
:think:? How did i get dragged into this hahha.

when people are sponsored my a product and give a great review of it. They deserve a non bias opinion. thats all.

I have had various manituo forks and have NEVER been happy with them.

Is this fork any better? who know?

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
profro said:

LOL... Those few little snow flakes that fell on race day do NOT count as a "snow" race. ;) Nor does the little puddle at the bottom make it a Mud race. :blah: :weee: