Quantcast

06 WC boxxer help

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
alright i made one of these threads, but a lot of info i got didn't really help becasue i have the 06, so i made this thread.

I decided from what people have said to just ignor the red rebound nob, and just change and play around with the allen wrench bolt on the bottum of the fork, and adhust the rebound that way however when i did this the hole bolt became loose and fell off the fork, so i just put it back in and tighten the thing back up, and put i away. why did the thing fall off, and why isn't the rebound adjustment working. (maybe i do need that red cap?)
NUMBER 7:

http://www.sram.com/_media/techdocs/03-06Boxxers.pdf

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
i believe the cap or knob actually does something this time, does anyone know where i can order 06 parts? don't say my lbs they aren't a rockshok dealer

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
yeah i gave them a call there going to send out the part, but its going to take them to long

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
The rebound adjuster is inside the bolt on the bottom of the fork. The knob it comes with has a small (maybe 3mm?) allen key on the end of it that sticks up into the fork, through the external bolt. You need to get a small allen key and stick it up through the bottom of the external bolt, and then start turning, and your rebound settings will change. Don't do anything with the big external bolt; that'll just cause your lowers to fall off while you're riding.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
dexterq20 said:
The rebound adjuster is inside the bolt on the bottom of the fork. The knob it comes with has a small (maybe 3mm?) allen key on the end of it that sticks up into the fork, through the external bolt. You need to get a small allen key and stick it up through the bottom of the external bolt, and then start turning, and your rebound settings will change. Don't do anything with the big external bolt; that'll just cause your lowers to fall off while you're riding.
thanks alot

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Jeremy R said:
But first call Sylvan Learning Center.
For people who want to learn to read good and do other stuff good too.

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
zmtber said:
i think its a 2.5, that is what seems to fit in mine

Yea i said in the old thread how you needed to stick an allen through the bottom bolt

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
yeah well tahnks i finally got it working, it turns out my fork still fells great, it was just the rebound some how got turn very slow

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
i dont think the knob hold the lowers on they used the same thing on the pike and it was like a mini allen key.