Quantcast

06 Zocchi - Hayes?

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
While I like post mount brakes, I don't think frames/forks should come with them. It just hurts compatability.

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
Zark said:
While I like post mount brakes, I don't think frames/forks should come with them. It just hurts compatability.
It's actually not such a problem now, since Shimano, Hayes and Avid all use post-mounts with adaptors. No, nobody cares about Hope.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
thaflyinfatman said:
It's actually not such a problem now, since Shimano, Hayes and Avid all use post-mounts with adaptors. No, nobody cares about Hope.
Actually, it can be a problem. Relatively soft fork lowers can be a big problem for post mount systems. If you strip out an IS adaptor, big deal, if you strip out the post mounts on your fork, you get to buy brand new legs for your fork, and due to the soft material, it's more likely too.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Jm_ said:
Actually, it can be a problem. Relatively soft fork lowers can be a big problem for post mount systems. If you strip out an IS adaptor, big deal, if you strip out the post mounts on your fork, you get to buy brand new legs for your fork, and due to the soft material, it's more likely too.
Use a heilcoil then...

thaflyinfatman

Turbo Monkey
Jul 20, 2002
Victoria
Jm_ said:
Did you not see the word "compatibility"?

Besides that, take care when bolting the caliper on and chances are you'll be fine. I haven't managed to strip mine just yet (or any of the dozens I've installed calipers on).

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Anyone else notice that the lower crown on that white 888 seems a lot flatter than the current stock crowns? Or is it just the angle of the photo?

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
MikeD said:
Anyone else notice that the lower crown on that white 888 seems a lot flatter than the current stock crowns? Or is it just the angle of the photo?
Here is a better shot:

I want to see a better shot of the revised 66 crown

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
the 2006 dirt jumper is bolt on because too many people were breaking the crowns... therefore with the bolt on crown, when you snap it, its much easier and cheaper to replace. It is also about a 6 pound fork total rather than the 8 pound dirt jumpers now. That info I got from the marzocchi tech guys a while back.
I think the new stuf is pretty cool looking.