Quantcast

07 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo...

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Does that mean the east coast isnt going to be represented by any RM's? I am signed up again on a four man team. I think we will be shooting for 17 laps or top half. Sounds slow until you actually are racing. Its tough getting out at 3 am. :twitch:

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
5 person coed- Shenanigansracing.com, received our conformation yesterday. :thumb:

Three of our teammates haven't seen the course yet, will probably go for a pre-ride this coming weekend.

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
5 person coed- Shenanigansracing.com, received our conformation yesterday. :thumb:

Three of our teammates haven't seen the course yet, will probably go for a pre-ride this coming weekend.
Maybe I'll see you out there, as I'm hoping (weather permitting) to get in a couple laps this weekend, too. Rode the course last weekend... it was cold and windy.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Maybe I'll see you out there, as I'm hoping (weather permitting) to get in a couple laps this weekend, too. Rode the course last weekend... it was cold and windy.
We should be down there between 10:00-11:00 unless the weather is too horrendous (I've seen enough rain down there already). Silver Dodge P/U with da monkey sticker.

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
We should be down there between 10:00-11:00 unless the weather is too horrendous (I've seen enough rain down there already). Silver Dodge P/U with da monkey sticker.
Sweet. We're still hammering out the schedule, but it looks like all my team and I will be there tomorrow, Feet In Pedals at 10am, as well. I'm in a bright green Ford Ranger with a Save Fantasy Island bumper sticker.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Rode the course yesterday, it was c.c.c.cold. It never got any warmer than 39 degrees. We were even treated to some snow flurries while hanging out after the ride. The course was damp but not muddy, traction was incredible and no dust. Probably in the best condition I have ever seen.

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
My entire team wimped out on me and I didn't want to make the 40-mile trek up there in the cold... so I went to a more local trail. I agree it was COLD.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Good luck guys, have fun. I'll be riding the 12 hours of Razorback in Fla this year. Had to stay a little closer to home.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Have fun everyone! I really needed to take a year off from this trip but now that the weekend is here I really wish I were going!

Let's see lots of RM jerseys in the race pics!

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
Uhm, we're like so unprepared for this so I have a question. We're leaving San Diego, CA tomorrow afternoon for the Old Pueblo weekend. Can you check in at the 24hr town like real late/buck early Sat -2am ish? Or does it close and you just have to check in early Sat morning -6ish?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
There's nothing stopping you from arriving at 2am, well as long as you aren't making crazy noise. You just have to wait until the morning to pick up your packets.

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
There's nothing stopping you from arriving at 2am, well as long as you aren't making crazy noise. You just have to wait until the morning to pick up your packets.
Oh ok. The solo rider campsite is way way way in the back of the row.. so we need to roll quietly with headlights off. :p

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Have fun everyone! I really needed to take a year off from this trip but now that the weekend is here I really wish I were going!

Let's see lots of RM jerseys in the race pics!
:stupid:

Have fun and definitely post lots of pics so we can enjoy the race too!

Good luck monkey racers and Shrymp -- good luck and have fun in your first solo 24!!!!

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
Soooo??? How'd everyone do? I'm still in "recovery mode" even with my measly 4-laps. Quite the experience, though. I can hardly believe how many friggin RVs and trailers were there this year. Our team "Yesterday's Whine" came in 50th in the 4-man open.

I'll post pics when I have the thought-capacity to download them from my camera.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Soooo??? How'd everyone do? I'm still in "recovery mode" even with my measly 4-laps. Quite the experience, though. I can hardly believe how many friggin RVs and trailers were there this year. Our team "Yesterday's Whine" came in 50th in the 4-man open.

I'll post pics when I have the thought-capacity to download them from my camera.
Best year yet! Shenanigans Racing.com- 19th in 200+ 5 person co-ed. I was in one of those RV's...

OGQ

Chimp
Feb 23, 2007
San Diego, Ca
So who here that raced is from San Diego other than me? And how did you do? I seen LyndaW busted out 10 laps in Solo female...what about Shyrmp? (Heather)

I finally registered for this forum :imstupid: ...so got to get aquainted.

Peace....

Eric

LyndaW

Chimp
Oct 31, 2006
Southern Utah
Well I had a ton of fun for the first 11.5 hours. Then I crashed at 11:30pm on my 10th lap and broke 2 bones in my left hand, a finger, crushed a knuckle and pulverized my right collar bone. Had surgery and a Ti plate with 7 screws inserted 6 days later to straighten me out. My x-rays for anybody interested in gore are on my blog

http://teamhealthfx.com/blogs/lynda/default.aspx

I'll be back next year...

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
Um. ouch. Sorry to hear of your dirt-eating but very glad you're healing well and will be back next year. I remember seeing you ride through as I was staging for one of my laps.

:D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Well I had a ton of fun for the first 11.5 hours. Then I crashed at 11:30pm on my 10th lap and broke 2 bones in my left hand, a finger, crushed a knuckle and pulverized my right collar bone. Had surgery and a Ti plate with 7 screws inserted 6 days later to straighten me out. My x-rays for anybody interested in gore are on my blog

http://teamhealthfx.com/blogs/lynda/default.aspx

I'll be back next year...
:shocked: Yikes!!!! Where did you crash? Hopefully you're well on your way to recovery!!!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
:shocked: Yikes!!!! Where did you crash? Hopefully you're well on your way to recovery!!!

"Then on my 10th lap about 11:30pm I took a corner too tight and fast and stuck my front wheel into a ditch. That one on the left just after the cattleguard and before the seven bitches."

OGQ

Chimp
Feb 23, 2007
San Diego, Ca
That is one hell of a rut also.......I went wide on one of my night laps also but I trailed my back wheel into it and "POW" blew out the rear....put one heck of a wobble in the hoop also. :poster_oops:

Heal quickly

Eric