Quantcast

07 boXXer rebound changes while riding

- pete -

Chimp
Apr 22, 2008
right have a small problem with my 07 boxxer teams. I set the rebound to how i like it. ride and find the rebound has quickened.
i've stripped the leg and found the rebound assembly ontop of the rod turns freely. As it turns, the rebound needle opens/closes depending which way i turn the rebound assembly.
this i guess must be why my fork quickens whilst riding.
There is an indent on the top of the rod where the rebound assembly has been crimped onto it. i guess if i take it easy and use a center punch i could put a few more deep notches on the crip to hold the rebound assembly in place?
idea's suggestions would be great!

Racebike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2008
Sweden
If it has come loose, your idea is indeed worth a try. Also, check so the metal clip or o-ring around the bottom bolt is in good shape. If you are riding with the red adjuster fastened to the fork and it moves really easily this poses a problem too.

First post. Here we go!

I actually faced this problem today on my 2006's.

Riding down the road towards the start of the track, pumping and having a good time. As I pumped and lifted the front wheel up the forks topped out amazingly hard. Continued to pump around and manual, and each time I did they continued to top out.

Got home and stripped them to find my rebound damper in various, oddly sized pieces of twisted metal.

I dare say caused by a lack of maintanence, but if I can shift the blame on someone / something else, that'd be great! ;)