Quantcast

07 Glory Upgrades

bradking192

Chimp
Sep 8, 2007
THIS IS MY BIKE AND IM GETTING JUICY CARBONS, HOLZFELLER OCT CRANKS, HOLZFELLER BARS AND STEM, Ti SPRING AND SRAM XO IVE GOT 1500 BUCKS SO TELL ME WHAT ELSE!!!!

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
You will notice a much larger change in performance by simply lowering you bars........take the cash and go ride somewhere fun.

Oh Yea...

Turn your freekin caps off newb!!!

X777

Chimp
Aug 17, 2007
instead of that crap from truvativ get easton CNT dh handlebar or ea 70 , thomson 4x stem... upgrading from x9 to xo is pretty much pointless, at least from my point of view... get some lighter tires... ti spring is a good idea... but definaely start with that steerer tube

ridea

Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
south west of England
get... welgo mg1 pedalls or just some decent ones, ti spring, thompson, hope or easton havoc stem, truvative low rise 25mm if you can or funn fatboy. get a road casett and take the gay casette guard off, lower your bars cos' thats ****, cut your steer and get some jucys(doesnt matter which the weight isnt that much different), swap the wheels out for ex721 on pro II's, or ex823(?) tubeless, then you can keep the others for spare, get maxxis tyres, cranks youy can go for truvatives or wait ang get gravity lights. whatever you do wheels and sorting your bars out will make the biggest difference. thats pretty much all the weight saving/upgrading you can do.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
don't buy XO, it's the same as X9 with lighter materials like ti bolts, carbon, etc. i'd use the 1500 to get industry 9 wheels!

pancho64

Monkey
Jul 28, 2007
new pedals, cut the tube, and nicer wheels. hadleys to 823s with ti spokes in the front if u can do stuff like that. im a huge maxxis fan so id say switch out to 2.5 minion fr and high roller rear. get formula brakes or if u want to be diff get some gustavs.

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
THIS IS MY BIKE AND IM GETTING JUICY CARBONS, HOLZFELLER OCT CRANKS, HOLZFELLER BARS AND STEM, Ti SPRING AND SRAM XO IVE GOT 1500 BUCKS SO TELL ME WHAT ELSE!!!!
I would get the Juicy's because they will actually work better than your current setup, but other then that everything you mentioned is more or less a waste of money. If you know that, and are cool with it, then by all means go for it. I personally have a Ti spring, but I knew going into it that there would no noticeable performance difference, I just thought it looked cool.

I know I've said this about 4000 times, but, if you really want to see an impressive difference in handling, focus on your wheels and tires. Make them lighter and you will be quite impressed with the results.

The other lighter part (cranks, spring) that are going to be near the bikes center of mass, will be, for all intents and purposes, completely unnoticeable as far as performance is concerned.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
your glory is sweet . i think you only need to change the bars and stem. i'd go with easton monkey dh bars and a truvativ or atom lab stem .

Lollapalooza

Monkey
Jan 22, 2007
Here's what I would do:
Upgrade the stem to a Sunline V-One MTN and bar to a V-One OS. Swap the cranks to FSA Gravity Lights with the outboard BB (Holzfellers OCT's are heavy and Stylos don't come in an 83mm BB). As for the wheels, I'd run a Hope Pro II front hub with a Hadley rear hub. I would get an 823 rim for the front and a 721 for the rear. DT Competition spokes for the rear and Revolution spokes for the front. For tires, I would get a 2.7" Minion DHF for the front and a 2.5" for the rear (run tubeless). Most important of all though, swap those brakes for something like Formula Biancos.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Don't buy a thing, just spend that $1500 on a month in Whistler!

You'll get much better performance out of your bike after you spend a month riding it on the mountain. You should be able to get by on less than $1k a month in Whistler without working at all. Plus, they're open till mid October. Trust me, it's a much better investment than just wasting all that money on pointless BS components that look cool but won't make you ride any better.

If you have any questions on how to do Whistler the cheapest way possible, PM me.