Quantcast

07 Rockshox in NSMB

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
http://nsmb.com/gear/rockshox07_06_06.php

The new forks look nice, but I'll admit I was a bit surprised when I read the review.

Ok, I'm all about upgrading and I actually liked my 04 Boxxer Team but talk about sticker shock...2 of the 3 featured SC forks are going for close to $1000 bones.

Anyway, the forks do look nice but personally based on looks alone the Zokes and Fox offerings are much more attractive IMO.

End of rant...not purpose intended ...ppffft.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
anyone understand the 2step solo air and care to explain it to me?

i cant quite see how that dial would affect anything, at least not from looking at the drawing...

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
so you won't be able to get mission control in the boxxer, i just think having the ind. high and low speed compression would be nice.

but its seem like the boxxer line isn't changing

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
vitox said:
anyone understand the 2step solo air and care to explain it to me?

i cant quite see how that dial would affect anything, at least not from looking at the drawing...
I am going to do an article on he new system, but heres a quicky.

Basically its a liquid all travel system. Fully open, the all-travel spacers are replaced by 2.5 weight oil, that sits at the bottom of the cart. Turn it to short travel, and it goes to the top.

Sneaky stuff indeed.

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
The Totem OnePointFive is a seriously stiff fork, even moreso than the 1 1/8" version. It's 20% stiffer under bending loads, and 10% under torsional loads than its less-girthy brother. It's also 90g lighter.
Yet again, more evidence that the PR/Marketing clowns at Marzocchi who crusaded against 1.5 ST and HT hadn't talked to their engineers (or had, but ignored them in the interests of pretending that a competitor had not come up with a good idea).

Fortunately, despite Marzocchi's propaganda war, there are more and more frame builders using 1.5 HTs for the frame advantages, regardless of what fork ST is used.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
Totem Pole LOL. They need to hire Fox's marketing and design staff.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
um... "The inset dial on the top of the low-speed knob, and the low-speed knob itself, make up the Floodgate switch"
so this missioncontrol knob is just the floodgate knob. k...