Quantcast

'07 Stumpjumper 29er

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
It's U-G-L-Y!

At least the paint scheme is, the overall lines of it are fine, as long as you can see it without thinking "hybrid bike", which I'm having a hard time doing. Guess that's my dealio.

The colors don't bother me, it's just the scheme, it's horrid!

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
i think its 08
look way nice from the side i think.
cs look long though.

i have one of these on preorder.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
the orange spez has a curved seattube. not as rad as sinister but its a fix. we have a 08 spez catalog at the shop, i'll post what the cs are.

alex

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
I just got back from Salt Lake City, I attended the Specialized 2007 Dealer event, I had a chance to spend several hours riding both the Hardtail and the FSR, and I am not talking about cruising around a parking lot, they held the demo at at Deer Valley and we took them up on the lifts and bombed them down hill, both of the bikes handle quicker than either of the 29ers I have raced ( a KM & Rig) The hardtail was a great ride but being a hardtail it wasn't meant for the extreme conditions of some of the black diamond trails, I mean it handled as well as any hardtail could but is is a true XC type of bike. But the FSR on the other hand was a real eye opener, It was super easy to set the rear brain sus up and let her rip I took my first run to get acquainted with this machine, and I was ready to rip, the bike hooked up beautifully, it was plane fun, I am not a tech geek so don't ask me those hard questions, I just know the bike was more intuitive and precise than the GF 29 Caliber and GF 26 Hifi's I have ridden lately. and for the color it's not my first choice but it looks a whole lot better in person....

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
It's good on the downhill, but what about climbing? What about cornering?

And does anyone have a wheelbase and chainstay measurement on this bike? It looks long.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
It's good on the downhill, but what about climbing? What about cornering?

And does anyone have a wheelbase and chainstay measurement on this bike? It looks long.
GT what little climbing I did was fairly smooth the brain, works better than most fully sus bikes and there is minimal pedal bob. as for cornering this bike just rips it up, while at Deer Valley I was taking trails with lots of severe switchbacks many with drops in the corners and this bike handle better than expected....