Quantcast

'07 Super T's

ChelanDHer

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Lynnwood, WA
Hey everyone. Anybody know anything about the '07 Super T's? Thinking about getting rid of my '02 Monsters, they're completely rebuilt, but I'd like a little more adjustability and another inch of travel. Plus, I'm running into a bunch of cash, and a new fork would suit me nicely. Jenson is selling '07 Super T's for like $550 or something like that, great deal for a brand new fork. Would I be better off selling my Monster for a couple hundred and buying a used 888RC2X? Thanks.

ChelanDHer

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Lynnwood, WA
I had a friend buy '02 Super T's for $650 brand new and back then, those forks were the shiz. I bought brand new Jr. T's in '03 and even THOSE were decent forks for $450 new. Prices have gone up.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Uhh, the new super t is not an SSVF, that's the junior t. New super t gets another 15 mm of travel from the old one, and seems to use an updated HCSV type pumping rod that has both comp and rebound adjustment. I've never ridden an RCV fork, but it certainly is not the same as SSVF which has no adjustments.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I've never ridden an RCV fork, but it certainly is not the same as SSVF which has no adjustments.
Then has Marzocchi done away with SSVF? Or is RCV just an updated SSVF damping system? The Junior T is no longer available for 07. I believe 06 Super Ts were just OEM.

Curious, as Marzo has no more "SSVF" products in their lineup. Sounds to me like someone's just renaming a bad damping system to try and shed its poor reputation.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
You two are just plain WRONG.
RCV is an SSVF damper to the very core, marzocchi just renamed it because it obviously has such a bad name (and rightfully so, it's total junk). It now has two adjustments, but that doesn't make it any less of a lame damper. So no, it's not HSCV, stop spreading misinformation if you don't know what you're talking about. It just doesn't help!

I'd stick with blue's suggestion - buy a used 888RC2X, damping control is a wonderful thing.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
I'd suggest an 06 boxxer team (or even race) over the travis, and they should be quite cheap. More damping control, and more reliable with less failures.

kona-ryder

Monkey
Jul 18, 2006
Above you on the podium.
Freinds dont let freinds buy 2007 Super T.
I rode a 2006 on my freinds Atomic at whistler for one run and I had mad biker claw (**note**we became freinds after he bought the Atomic). That thing packed up really really bad. Almost as bad as my old Drop Off. Go for a 888rc2x if you wanna stay 'zocchi, but you might wanna look into a 2005 or 2006 Boxxer Team. I am really enjoying mine.

ChelanDHer

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Lynnwood, WA
What color of Scream?
Black, I think a white fork would look sick.

I've always associated the Boxxer as a more race oriented fork. Back in the day, if you were hardcore racer, you ran a Boxxer. If you were a huge freerider, you always had Marz on the front end. I guess I'm reluctant to give in to thinking the Boxxer is a freeride fork. I know that they are leaps and bounds better than they were in '02 and I would buy a Boxxer WC without hesitation for a race rig, just trying to decide what to throw on my Scream.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Uhh, the new super t is not an SSVF, that's the junior t. New super t gets another 15 mm of travel from the old one, and seems to use an updated HCSV type pumping rod that has both comp and rebound adjustment. I've never ridden an RCV fork, but it certainly is not the same as SSVF which has no adjustments.
180mm is not 15mm more than 170mm.

RV is **NOT** HSCV or it wouldnt be 550$.

And to the above - Junior T's went for 600-650 in 03 as new unless you got the hookup or one fell off a truck.

Prices in general are better now - more high end forks though. More price forks now then ever. (888 WC, Boxxer WC, Fox 40RC - etc...)

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
I had a friend buy '02 Super T's for $650 brand new and back then, those forks were the shiz. I bought brand new Jr. T's in '03 and even THOSE were decent forks for $450 new. Prices have gone up.
so did I (bought the '02 Supers), and MSRP on the '02 Supers was $900 (or 9 and change). and while I agree that for the time (and price), the Super was a kick ass fork, remember it had non-adjustable compression damping, mag arch and 30mm stanchions. now for $1000 you can get a kick-ass boxxer team, a 66, or an 888 VF2 with bigger stanchions, 1 piece lowers, etc.

:nopity:

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
so did I (bought the '02 Supers), and MSRP on the '02 Supers was $900 (or 9 and change). and while I agree that for the time (and price), the Super was a kick ass fork, remember it had non-adjustable compression damping, mag arch and 30mm stanchions. now for $1000 you can get a kick-ass boxxer team, a 66, or an 888 VF2 with bigger stanchions, 1 piece lowers, etc.

:nopity:

amen to that, i think today you have so many GOOD forks to choose from, at all price points, esp with the new dh worthy single crown forks like totem and 66.
now you can get a light, strong, and adjustable fork for considerably less than a grand.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i've got an '03 super T and i'm hanging onto it for as long as i can. it seems like the only year they got it right. i'm still stuck on the switching to a single crown DH fork debate though....i just read about this totem thingy...sounds promising :think:

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
so now ur selling your bike and buying a fork?...weird but alright...

definitely look at the 06 boxxers. The adjustments actually work, the damping is solid, and it has a maxel. Mines the shiz (06 race).