Quantcast

07XTR master cylinder/levers cool for DH?

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Do XTR levers still push the same fluid as the Saints etc?
So you get the same power and feel?
Are XTR lighter?
Anyone running them?
Any flaws with them compared to Saints etc?
Thanks all.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Yes.
Sure.
Yes.
No.
No.

P.S. I run XT and Saints (the same brake I believe). XTR was way more expensive for a few grams, but I just bleed a set.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Massive flaw = lever pivot point about 5 miles from the bar, meaning the lever curve is about as different as it could get from the natural motion of your finger. Nice one shimano for considering ergonomics.

Stick with saint levers IMO, if you want to do what's right by your fingers and hands.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Massive flaw = lever pivot point about 5 miles from the bar, meaning the lever curve is about as different as it could get from the natural motion of your finger. Nice one shimano for considering ergonomics.

Stick with saint levers IMO, if you want to do what's right by your fingers and hands.
Hmmm yerah I've been looking at that. With my current 06s they're about level with the pivot(parrallel to bar)at about pad contact point,so you think the new ones the leverage would actually get worse?
How bad could it be? I mean your finger would only be moving 2mm inwards and it only moves about12mm anyway in total,can you really feel that?
How much lighter are they than 06 Saint/XT lever?Master cylinders?

BJ-

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Australia
Hmmm yerah I've been looking at that. With my current 06s they're about level with the pivot(parrallel to bar)at about pad contact point,so you think the new ones the leverage would actually get worse?
How bad could it be? I mean your finger would only be moving 2mm inwards and it only moves about12mm anyway in total,can you really feel that?
How much lighter are they than 06 Saint/XT lever?Master cylinders?
I dont think theres anything wrong with how they feel...

I havnt had any riding time on mine yet but with them set up on the bars they feel fine. Now that you mention it though, my finger moves a little but i dont think its anything to really complain about at this point.

A complete rear XTR weighs in at 242grams.

http://www.sicklines.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/784

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
the pivot location is not a problem at all. really in the end people are make a huge deal about it because Avid when they released their juice line made it sound like a big deal and therefore people beleaved it. i have ridden brake with the pivot even farther out than on the XTR and it make no sigificant feel in the lever motion. though i will say that the lever is easier to grab than on the juice setup because the lever is not sweeping out so far from the bar and it remains more in-line with the bar over its path

i know that someone is going to try to tell me that i'm wrong. if they do they better have small hands because that is the only case i feel where a closer pivot is really helpful. i have a very large hand (glove size 13 or 14) and i like the pivot farther out because of that