Quantcast

'08 SX Trail w/ Fox 40s

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I would think that it's ok, but it might be worth checking with Specialized if you'd like to keep your warranty. Also check out Sicklines review of the sx trail. They had a current boxxer on the bike during part of the test. Sounded like it was good.

A buddy of mine uses a 40 on his sx trail from time to time, and i think he uses the 7.5" travel mode. 7" a/c on a single crown will be lower than a 7" freeride fork, so 7" may be too low for a/c height.

On a side note, I wouldn't be suprised if the demo 7 goes away or gets completely revamped after this year. The new demo 8 should have the race side covered, and I see no reason to have a demo 7 when the new sx trail has such good supension and geometry at a lighter weight and with more seatpost adjustment.

Last edited:

redride

Monkey
Sep 23, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
illnotsick@ nice. i think we'll try it @ 8" and 7.5" setting. thanks guys. as for warranty, its just going on for one race. race track is steeper than we r used to so we r trying different stuff!

Thanks.

4130biker@ RM is clearly my No1 go to forum for anything DH!

yetihenry

Monkey
Aug 9, 2009
Whistler, BC
A friend runs this with 08, bike looks sweet. BB seems high (but I do ride a sunday), so Id consider angle reducer cups if you get a new style with tapered headtube, R2R cups will make the geo more "dh friendly".

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop

Whoa!
For the record, I ended up having 3 different forks on that bike. I went from the 40 to a totem and then to a 36 when I used it for more of a trail bike.
I actually like the way the bike handled better with the lower fork, so I preferred the 36. But that was just personal preference, as I like quick turning bikes. They are plenty of people who ripped on those bikes with boxxer and 40's.