Quantcast

09/10 Fox RC2 High Speed Compression Adjuster Detent Issue

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
I ordered an 09/10 RC2 compression assembly for my 36 Van. Upon checking it out I found that the high speed compression adjuster had no detents that I could feel. I checked the adjuster installation and its fine. So I called Fox this morning and asked about it; the response I got was that it’s normal in the 09/10 assembly. The guy said he grabbed one of the shelf and could barely feel any detent. Seems weird, as my 09 40 has very noticeable detents. Anyone have this issue with their 09/10 36 RC2?

mullet_dew

Monkey
Mar 22, 2009
Bellingham WA
My 36 TALAS purchased at the beginning of 09 has almost no dedent feeling on the HSC. It almost feels broken, but the adjustments work fine, and the rc2 cart has way to many pieces, so I'll let it be.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Ok, this turned out to be stupidly simple. Take off your low and high speed compression knobs. Flip over the high speed compression knob. You'll notice that it's got a small metal ball on the bottom of it. Now look at the black piece it sits on top of and you'll see three grooves. As the ball runs across the grooves it creates a click. Re-install the knob with the ball IN the groove and you should be good to go. Mine just wasn't lined up because I hadn't installed it yet, yours is probably just out of alignment.

Why Fox wasn't able to tell me that and said "the newer carts are just like that" I have no clue.