Quantcast

09 Mazocchi 55 RC3 Feedback?

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
I'm finally going to ditch my 07 Van R. I was going to pick up an 09 36 Float RC or Van RC2 used, but there are some great deals on the 55. Anyone have any significant set-up time on one? How effective are the low/hi speed compression adjusters? I tend to like heavy low speed damping - I really love the low speed damping on my 09 40.

FullMonty

Chimp
Nov 29, 2009
I'm finally going to ditch my 07 Van R. I was going to pick up an 09 36 Float RC or Van RC2 used, but there are some great deals on the 55. Anyone have any significant set-up time on one? How effective are the low/hi speed compression adjusters? I tend to like heavy low speed damping - I really love the low speed damping on my 09 40.
the RC3 damper does not have independent high and low adjusters, the "compression" adjuster affects the whole compression curve.

basically it can have either the bobby, mushy "freeride" feel, or be a jackhammer

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
the RC3 damper does not have independent high and low adjusters, the "compression" adjuster affects the whole compression curve.

basically it can have either the bobby, mushy "freeride" feel, or be a jackhammer
Is the 2010 the same?

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California

Just saw that. Lame. Oh well, I'll keep looking for a Fox. May try a used 09 Lyrik as well.