Quantcast

09 Mongoose site is up...

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Bikes look sick as hell, even better spec'd. But still no "store." Still no place to order ANYTHING from, still no convenient way to order something as simple as a spare derailleur hanger.
I decided to roll Mongoose one more time this year with a new Khyber, but if they can't answer a phone or an email again this year, or atleast ad an online convenience to purchase parts, I'm trying something else. Shame when you can absolutely love a company's product, even ALL their products, but hate the company. I'd rather raid a shiit product with a comapany who'll stand behind it with their support.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Never thought I would see a thread announcing the mongoose site is up.

Stranger things have happened I guess.

Haha! lol! Yeah...well, a year or two ago and I would have flamed me for a post like this! But the bikes ARE sick. They DO work incredibly well. And They ARE the best bikes I've ever sat on. One of the things that ALWAYS blows me away(and the reason I want to keep buying more mongoose frames!) is their colors! I thought my 07 ECD was white for several weeks while I waited on parts...got the thing outside and was in shock, it was a beautiful pearlescent white that wouldn't sparkle in the dim lighting in my dungeon bike room! Got my 08 Khyber a week or two ago. I had ordered up a sick grayish brown color to have the frame PC'd about a week prior to its arrival as the colors looked horrible. It was said to be a flat orange fade to brown. Hmm...intersting, but yuck. Got the frame and WHOA! Looks like some hot slut smeared her funky lipstick all over it(I've had that happen you know...). The orange is flat, but again metallic/pearlescent, and the brown appears to have orange pearl in it and is slightly irridescent as well. So I wasted some money for parts on powdercoat that I won't be doing until this paint is trashed.

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
dude, seriously , it takes 2 seconds to type mongoose.com, I mean come on!!

I dont know why but Mongoose gives me the impression of a good company with good people working there...but their DH bikes is a different story..

They just look plain wrong.They should start from scratch all over again and get rid of that stupid name.I have no idea how nice they are, I just think they're hideous looking rig.I kinda like the Khyber, well I'd ride it if I was paid for it.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
I'm not so sure about the "Pinn'R" and "Boot'R" myself. For one thing, they COMPLETELY mixed the names up! Why in the F*CK would you call a DH rig a "Boot'R" and the Freeride/jump machine the "Pinn'R"??
That, and maybe I'm reading it all wrong, but I'm assuming the new names came from Romaniuk. Who used to ride for Specialized. Who has a tire called the Pinn'er. Just seems funny, but I don't have anything to substantiate that with. It's also just the way Romo seems to talk, so who knows.
Anyway, the new DH/FR rigs look...chunky. The ECDs looked fast and sleek, even though they were a bit hefty/ But I like the new, larger pivots and more Khyber-ish tubing design...

Staplerzzzz

Chimp
May 21, 2007
Earth
I dont know why but Mongoose gives me the impression of a good company with good people working there...but their DH bikes is a different story..

They just look plain wrong.They should start from scratch all over again and get rid of that stupid name.I have no idea how nice they are, I just think they're hideous looking rig.I kinda like the Khyber, well I'd ride it if I was paid for it.
The ECD stands for Eric Carter Downhill.

The suspension design's primary use is not for looks. It was designed so that less of your power is absorbed by the rear suspension when pedaling, and more of your power is going towards moving you forward. That is on top of the minimal chain growth, light weight, easy access to the rear shock for adjustments, and strength. Also the complete bikes are very reasonably priced for what they're equipped with. I highly recommend trying one out to see for yourself.

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
3999 for the Bootr with that spec is a pretty sick deal
I'll give 'em that...thats a pretty good deal.Still think they are ugly though.Other company have faced the same challenge trying to design the "perfect suspension system" and a lot of them came up with a nice looking rig despite the restriction they had to overcome.

Curler

Chimp
Dec 6, 2007
Seattle, WA
I just bought a 06 ECD and i havent gone big on it yet but from what i can tell its AWESOME. So well speced and the suspension feels awesome. BTW i got a STEAL on it.:banana: