Quantcast

09 Race of a slightly differant type.

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
Would anyone be interested in riding a Narrow DH course of a mile long but using the UCI 4X start and elimination rules with a little tweak instead of racing a clock?

The Tweeks?
It's a mile (2-4min) run

Classes will start by age only and rides will fall into Stuntmen/women, Stuntboys/girls, and Soontobes as the race progresses based on performance. Hopefully this would keep sand baggers from walking away with prizes they cheated for.

It's not a four man wide route which means whole shots and passing skills rule.

Depending on attendance turnout. Instead of right away eliminating two riders from each heat the bottom two will be paired with the bottom two from the following group. Giving everyone at least two race runs down before being out.

No license required/ Entry fee lower than some events.

Not a thing set in stone feed back welcome.

I have always hated the race against the clock thing but want something longer than a 4X course.

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
I figure for those that are really into the heads up racing this would be a good intermission or fun race a tiny bit into the season like May or an end of season wrap up in Aug. For those interested in DH but turned off a bit by the format his could be a segway in as well as being a bit more attractive to those from a BMX past that again are turned off to DH due to the structure.

Plus I'm a bit busy and lazy so sending the first 2 across the line to race again is a bit easier to track and manage with very little volunteer help than dealing with times that separate a winner by tenths of a second or worse.

For those that will be racing Fluidride Cup and other races in the NW would it be better to see this at the open of the season or close?

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
Helltrack, what?
Actually I was thinking of throwing in some obstacles/ changing the course a bit mid way through the heats and putting a style judging element into it at points on the course to integrate a slopestyle format just to make it a bit more ridiculous.

NoUseForAName

Monkey
Mar 26, 2008
This was Dual racing BITD - two up on a DH course.
I think it failed due to Pros not wanting to risk the injuries - it's pretty tough to pass safely when you are ripping.

Good luck, i hope you do it, more racing of anykind is better than none.