Quantcast

09 reign x2 upgrade suggestions

Jprice6045

Chimp
May 26, 2009
Hey all. Im kinda a newbie when it comes to good freride equipment. I just crossed over from the whole XC scene about a year ago. At the start of summer i got a reign x2 for a starter freeride bike which can still climb, but have sinced realized that climbing is really not that important to me, much more fun bombing downhill and hitting some jumps stairs etc. anyway are there any suggestions anyone recomends for front fork or in general to let me ride a little more aggresively? Also has anyone heard of dual crown on the reign x? Thanks for the help...Try not to bash to hard due to me being a a newbie...

PS... Im about 6' 1" 180ish with gear...

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
First off, that's an awesome bike you've got there.

One fantastic option would be to run a Fox 40 set to 7". You would still have about the same head angle at the Fox 36 meaning that the rest of the geometry wouldn't be altered. You could also run it at the full 8" but you would be raising the bottom bracket and slackening the head angle. Raising the BB is undesirable IMO but slackening the head angle could be a good thing for DH. Although, the BB on the Reign X is pretty low to begin with so it may still handle well.

Jprice6045

Chimp
May 26, 2009
Thanks for the replies everyone...yeah i was looking into the rockshox for a while...lookes like it may be my best bet.

jhazard

Chimp
Dec 28, 2008
Durango, CO
Dual crown or a 7 inch fork works great on Reigns, they should come spec'd with 'em :thumb: Handles great going down, and I can still manage a good 1500 - 2000 ft climb.

Agree - 50mm stem is great, and an 8 inch fork may be a little much for that frame.. mine is posted below with a Super T: