Quantcast

1 month later and i broke the frame :(

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
yea ... the 'boycott kona' part was not serious.
my bad for not inserting the appropriate smiley faces when necessary.

I only shared that story because Stinkyboy said "no one has ever broken a Kona frame".

In this case the rockers failed in maybe a month, and without repeated abuse, misuse or neglect. Paul is a smooth rider and his previous Stinky took MUCH more abuse in the several years that he had ridden it then that which killed his new frame in a month.

I agree with everything you've said about warranty expectations.

The opinion that I leave you with is that IF they made any changes to the rockers for the reason of fixing a potentially weak(er?) design, it would have been nice if they'd have extended some support outside of their normal warranty guidelines.

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
Renegade rick...sweet trance, i have one myself...and i snapped the der. and hangar about a month ago and just now replacing it, its an awesome bike

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Nick said:
<snip>
The opinion that I leave you with is that IF they made any changes to the rockers for the reason of fixing a potentially weak(er?) design, it would have been nice if they'd have extended some support outside of their normal warranty guidelines.
I bought my Rocky Mountain Edge off ebay used. I busted the chainstay within weeks and found out there was a recall on them. I called Rocky and they said they would be happy to send out a replacement even though I wan't the original owner. My lbs installed the part and Rocky said they would honor the frame no matter where I bought it.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
RenegadeRick said:
The first FS bike I bought when I got into trail riding again last year was indeed bought on looks. My Klein Mantra:
I still love mine! It was too light though, so I weighted down the front end with a Diabolus stem. ;)

Climbs like a scalded monkey!

RenegadeRick

98th percentile on my SAT & all I got was this tin
stinkyboy said:
I still love mine! It was too light though, so I weighted down the front end with a Diabolus stem. ;)

Climbs like a scalded monkey!
Sadly, I couldn't afford to keep 2 bikes, so I ebayed it to a guy in Florida.
Fortunately, the highest point in Florida is only 38 feet above sea level, so sketchy downhills shouldn't be too much of a problem.

:cool: May I please have some positive reputation feedback now?

J

JRB

bjanga said:
:rofl:

Personally, I do not think stang was bitching excessively. Happy endings are great and so are images of yielded aluminum.
The whole thread was worth it to know that stinky has that Klein. :thumb: :rofl:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Domin8stang said:
get the right bike the first time! and get everything sorted out with all parties before overreacting!
I think it taught me to buy the WRONG bike, break it doing things it wasnt supposed to do, then post about it to get an upgrade....

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
DH Diva said:
So wait a second, I have a bit of a problem with this line of thinking.

So just as an example, say somebody wants to get a horse so they can start riding to get in shape and they like the outdoors, but they can't afford a horse and they get a goat instead. But the goat dies because it wasn't meant to be ridden like a horse. Is it the goats fault that it died because the owner improperly used it? Is it the fault of the person who sold the goat in the first place??

I know this is a ridiculous example, but when you put the situation into a different context it really highlights how wrong this statement is.
i need to show your response to this new neighbor of mine.

today i was cleaning my DH9 after our wednesday night d.h. session.
he comes out and rolls over on this old trek y-frame bike. then proceeds to tell me his bike is just like mine, and would like to go downhilling with us next time.
i started to explain that windrock would chew he and his bike up and not even leave enough to spit out. but i just nodded and said, "yeah maybe ya should." as i unloaded all my armor from the car , he looked at it and said, "you wear all that stuff ? i don't even own a helmet."

some of the worlds people create for themselves are strange indeed.

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
Transcend said:
Apparently someone doesn't like digital (or know what the hell emulsion is). Must be awesome being ignorant!

06-07-2006 03:46 PM stop your whining or leave

Intimate mixture of oil and water, generally of a milky or cloudy appearance. Emulsions may be of two types: oil-in water (where water is the continuous phase) and water-in-oil (where water is the discontinuous phase).

:love:

06-07-2006 03:24 PM If ignorance is bliss - you must be a very happy person

wonder who that came from heh?

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
dhbuilder said:
i need to show your response to this new neighbor of mine.

today i was cleaning my DH9 after our wednesday night d.h. session.
he comes out and rolls over on this old trek y-frame bike. then proceeds to tell me his bike is just like mine, and would like to go downhilling with us next time.
i started to explain that windrock would chew he and his bike up and not even leave enough to spit out. but i just nodded and said, "yeah maybe ya should." as i unloaded all my armor from the car , he looked at it and said, "you wear all that stuff ? i don't even own a helmet."

some of the worlds people create for themselves are strange indeed.
LOL!! That's awesome....in a Darwinian kinda way...

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
How did N8 manage to work 29rs into this thread?

Oh and props to IH and Ska Todd. I never really liked IH for a long time, but this is good stuff. Gives one a nice happy friendly feeling. :)