Quantcast

1% propaganda?

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
He may have weak legislative power but he controlls WEATHER!!! I understand that the spending cuts made him fire the weather controlling x-men so prayer was the only other option. Ohh Texas.

btw. If it makes you feel all warm inside. I'm not even from the US ;)
Thank god for the rest of us americans obama-care passed and Texas is now in the process of becoming it's own country VIVA LA REVOLUTION VIVA LA PRESIDENTE PERRY!!!!!! Your fascist utopia awaits guys!!!

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Thank god for the rest of us americans obama-care passed and Texas is now in the process of becoming it's own country VIVA LA REVOLUTION VIVA LA PRESIDENTE PERRY!!!!!! Your fascist utopia awaits guys!!!
Can't you just sell Texas to Mexico to repay some of the national debt?

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
Texas slashes budget to close budget deficit - Jan. 19, 2011

CNN says deficit. I think they know more than you.
Well I guess they are just gonna have to eat some crow because back in June Texas legislators had balanced the state budget without raising taxes. So rather than continuing to kick the can down the road YES they had to do some "creative" accounting with property tax forcasting and payment delays as to roll into the next fiscal year along with cuts in education and medicare and yes we have folks STILL caterwauling about all of this, and yes they are going to have issues this year also it's no big secret.

However bottom line is a balanced budget and no new taxes.

As you can see from the link provided state agencies have/had been trimming staff and allowing for early retirement as ways for them to deal with smaller budgets they knew were coming but hey that’s life deal with it.

Interactive: Texas' Shrinking State Government

I know I know it’s that mean ol’ GOP that’s leaving our children starving and uneducated and killing off grandma since she can’t get her medicine all to save the fat cats and wealthy why the compassionate democrats just want to help the vulnerables…give me a break

From Thomas Sowell: "The first lesson of economics is that we live in a world of scarcity. There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to ignore the first lesson of economics."

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
the problem with cutting services instead of raising taxes is that eventually you'll get exactly what you want... and no services left to cut.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Well I guess they are just gonna have to eat some crow because back in June Texas legislators had balanced the state budget without raising taxes. So rather than continuing to kick the can down the road YES they had to do some "creative" accounting with property tax forcasting and payment delays as to roll into the next fiscal year along with cuts in education and medicare and yes we have folks STILL caterwauling about all of this, and yes they are going to have issues this year also it's no big secret.

However bottom line is a balanced budget and no new taxes.

As you can see from the link provided state agencies have/had been trimming staff and allowing for early retirement as ways for them to deal with smaller budgets they knew were coming but hey that’s life deal with it.

Interactive: Texas' Shrinking State Government

I know I know it’s that mean ol’ GOP that’s leaving our children starving and uneducated and killing off grandma since she can’t get her medicine all to save the fat cats and wealthy why the compassionate democrats just want to help the vulnerables…give me a break

From Thomas Sowell: "The first lesson of economics is that we live in a world of scarcity. There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to ignore the first lesson of economics."
Sick, so you cut education (Very bad long term economically, I know you don't value education but it's important) to already terrible schools. Here we also have a simple hard $$ fact, a tax payer more than pays off a good education in taxes through the increase in wages with a degree. If you make a million dollars more over your life time with a degree, that's 370,000$ more dollars to the state long run

Then you laid people off, isn't that the opposite of job creation?? I mean, call me a bleeding heart, but if you want people to come into your place of work, they kind of need a JOB to spend money there

Then you admittedly fudge the budget and don't factor in your loans

Or we could tax the top 1% some, as they have been paying much less % than say 20 years ago. Or even just taxing them fairly, being that their incomes have doubled???

Tell you what though, when your poor ignorant ass is out your ass on some corner because you can't afford your high blood pressure pills and insulin any more, i'll do this for you. Instead of being happy to pay my taxes, educate people, and help the sick, I'll just give you a face full of diesel soot.

And FYI Thomas Sowell is on friedman's nuts real hard. and FYI those were the policies that led to this mess.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Tell you what though, when your poor ignorant ass is out your ass on some corner because you can't afford your high blood pressure pills and insulin any more, i'll do this for you. Instead of being happy to pay my taxes, educate people, and help the sick, I'll just give you a face full of diesel soot.
I'm hoping my contributions to left leaning causes will allow me to be head of his death panel.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
BTW, the 1% decided to end education funding in your state. No more scholarship and half the teachers got laid off.

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
Sick, so you cut education (Very bad long term economically, I know you don't value education but it's important) to already terrible schools. Here we also have a simple hard $$ fact, a tax payer more than pays off a good education in taxes through the increase in wages with a degree.
When is enough enough?

We have over a 1000 school districts in Texas from 50 students attending the San Vicente ISD in Big Bend National park to the 5th largest in the country Houston ISD with 200,000+ students.

Exactly what is the correct dollar amount for each and every child to have a exceptional education?

You have choices cut teachers or cut free lunch programs? What you always see is the same old tired tactics played out that if X doesn’t get $$ then police, firefighters, teachers, services will be cut. It makes for good news stories and bleeding heart stories.

You somehow never hear about cutting wasteful spending or un necessary upper management or special programs it’s always laying off teachers and screwing the poor students. The answer is simple to Texas educational woes charter schools and consolidation of school districts however the teachers unions howl at those options so we are stuck in this limbo forever.

So what’s the answer throwing more good money after bad or making the schools more efficient?

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
When is enough enough?

We have over a 1000 school districts in Texas from 50 students attending the San Vicente ISD in Big Bend National park to the 5th largest in the country Houston ISD with 200,000+ students.

Exactly what is the correct dollar amount for each and every child to have a exceptional education?
As much as it takes, for us to have good teachers, and new school books every couple years, as well as college for who ever can get the grades to get in (after all, who deserves and education should have nothing to do with income but acc

You have choices cut teachers or cut free lunch programs? What you always see is the same old tired tactics played out that if X doesn’t get $$ then police, firefighters, teachers, services will be cut. It makes for good news stories and bleeding heart stories.
Or we could close some loop holes for the top 1%, after all they do pay LESS taxes that we do. With all your whining of fairness I want to know where your outrage to that is

You somehow never hear about cutting wasteful spending or un necessary upper management or special programs it’s always laying off teachers and screwing the poor students. The answer is simple to Texas educational woes charter schools and consolidation of school districts however the teachers unions howl at those options so we are stuck in this limbo forever.

So what’s the answer throwing more good money after bad or making the schools more efficient?
You mean wasteful spending like trillions in bank bailouts, trillions in wars. billion and billions in no bid contracts, and probably getting on the millions of jobs shipped overseas thanks to tax breaks for doing so? Or should we not have wasted that multi trillion dollar earmark for palin's ice rink?

See, the issue with policies that are the wasteful irresponsible spending are policies put in place by republicans. Clinton did a great job of putting us back on track after the mess of loans ragen took out, then bush came in and promptly did a fiscal responsibility 180 and took out the economy like a line backer taking out a 10 year old. What you don't seem to be capable of understanding is Obama has inherited bush's economy, and the right has used filibusters (yea that's democratic) to keep ANYTHING from happening, no new meaningful regulation, and half the needed economic recovery that 90% of economists were talking about.

Now I know you republicans LOVE to talk about how much you know about the economy, but news flash, when you go directly AGAINST 90% of what economists say (you know they are after all, professionals at the economy) you probably don't know what you are doing.

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
quick history lesson

it was a REPUBLICAN congress under Clinton that got us back on track.

it was a DEMOCRATIC congress 2006-2011 that got us in this mess.

Or we could close some loop holes for the top 1%, after all they do pay LESS taxes that we do. With all your whining of fairness I want to know where your outrage to that is
hey bro' don't harsh my buzz i'm trying to be the 1% !

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
quick history lesson

2 wars, and a trillion dollar bailout, 2 republican policies that are the 2 HUGEST (Bye a MASSIVE margin) problems we face economically. We also have a ridiculously conservative supreme court (thanks bush) opening tax loop holes left and right

I don't even need to respond to that one, you neofascist/con retard.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
quick history lesson

Quick history lesson - It was a Republican congress that allowed using SS trust fund as a slush fund. Before that we only had a small shortcoming, now we have a *little* shortcoming, because that money's all goine.

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
Quick history lesson - It was a Republican congress that allowed using SS trust fund as a slush fund. Before that we only had a small shortcoming, now we have a *little* shortcoming, because that money's all goine.
Quicker history lesson there never was a separate lock box account for social security you can mark that down.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
let me put it this way... if a person is working nearly full time while taking a full course load and is maintaining a 3.5+ gpa... i would call into question the quality of an education they're getting.
College isn't all that time consuming if you're not studying to be a doctor or architect.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
sweet jesus if this isn't the best thing I've read all night. Reading HK's rants is literally like trying to wipe my ass with my dick. Further proof that Texas is simply just chock full of idiots. Why can't we just give texas back to mexico.

I wish I could rep all of you at once.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
College isn't all that time consuming if you're not studying to be a doctor or architect.
I'd say some engineering degrees are no walk in the park either. I still regret taking electronics. Though it's not the amount of work that made me think so.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'd say some engineering degrees are no walk in the park either. I still regret taking electronics. Though it's not the amount of work that made me think so.
:stupid:

My CS degree wasn't cake. I worked full time and had a family, too. I managed something like a 3.25, good enough for me. I still learned WAY more in the work force than I have ever learned in school, but I had to have the paper to back up the resume. Crazy, I know.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I still learned WAY more in the work force than I have ever learned in school, but I had to have the paper to back up the resume. Crazy, I know.
This is the part that started pissing me off 1/2 way through my senior year. I was working part time for my current company and the stuff I learned here was far more useful/valuable than what I was doing in school. Can't argue with how much/how well I learned the "fundamentals" though, which are important too.....maybe 5% of the time.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
This is the part that started pissing me off 1/2 way through my senior year. I was working part time for my current company and the stuff I learned here was far more useful/valuable than what I was doing in school. Can't argue with how much/how well I learned the "fundamentals" though, which are important too.....maybe 5% of the time.
I learned close to nothing at all because the stuff I was doing in school then was all in Windows and I worked all in Linux. Now that I have been working in Windows, nothing they covered back then is even relevant.

But I have a very expensive piece pf paper to prove I did it!