Quantcast

10 vultures...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
...were tearing apart a jackrabbit carcass outside about 100' away from where I sit here at work.

Pics later when i get home and pull them off the camera. I couldn't get super close but I got some good ones.

For awhile they were all by the front gate of the nursery sitting along the fence like some awesome welcoming party.

"WELCOME TO THE NURSERY OF DEATH"

:thumb:

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Well, at least we can watch this eagle trying to take out this goat. I think it's a goat or a lamb. Poor guy got pwnd anyway.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
That looks like an effective way of hunting prey bigger than you.
Step1: Confuse
Step2: Grab leg and pull off cliff
Step3: Use mother nature to knock prey silly
Step4: Wait for prey to splat on canyon floor
Step5: Feast on tenderized meat

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Found my camera cable here...

Birds hanging out and snacking on the scraps...(lower left)

One dude takes off with the remaining chunk...

The other dudes chase after him...

Nothing but a chunk of spine left...

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Wow, that's pretty cool. There aren't any vultures around here. A lot of crows, no vultures.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I got about 400 of those buggers hanging out at my house. I guess my compost pile has attracted these strange guests. They roost in a big pine tree and all the bark is gone off the tree. Sorta strange...

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I got about 400 of those buggers hanging out at my house. I guess my compost pile has attracted these strange guests. They roost in a big pine tree and all the bark is gone off the tree. Sorta strange...
I would harass them with a BB gun for entertainment

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
yeah, my neighbor shot at them with a .380 to get them off her house. it was sorta sketchy. it's actually illegal to kill them b/c they are a protected migratory bird. who'da thunk...

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
My brother saw a hawk killing (tenderizing) a pigeon in a similar manner. Swooping low over our high school building and dropping it just in time for it to nail the top of the brick wall. I think he said it went down and jumped on the carcass after that.