Quantcast

100mm - 110mm

S.n.a.k.e.

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
N. Tonawanda, NY
Hey all...

Looking to update the fork on one of my bikes, and some of the forks I'm looking at have 110mm spacing, and others have 100mm.

I have interchanged front wheels/rotors before between the Fox 36 VAN RC2 and the Marz Z1 FR and never had an issue, but I think both forks are 100mm spacing, but Im not home to measure.

Are there any consequences of putting a 100mm wheel in a 110 fork?

Please help to edumacate me.

Thanks,
Marc

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Hey all...

Looking to update the fork on one of my bikes, and some of the forks I'm looking at have 110mm spacing, and others have 100mm.

I have interchanged front wheels/rotors before between the Fox 36 VAN RC2 and the Marz Z1 FR and never had an issue, but I think both forks are 100mm spacing, but Im not home to measure.

Are there any consequences of putting a 100mm wheel in a 110 fork?

Please help to edumacate me.

Thanks,
Marc
You simply can't put a 110mm wheel/hub in a 100mm fork. At least, not so easily. I believe some brands are making hubs with interchangeable caps, which let switch between 110x10 and 100x15 axis, but any QR15X100 fork won't let you slide a 110mm hub between its legs...

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Thanks slim, but it's the reverse about which I am asking...

I have a 100mm QR20 hub and am wondering what would happen if I used a 110mm spaced fork.
Well, I bet some hub brands will start to make models convertable from 15X110 to 20X100 (changing the hub caps/hollow axis), if there aren't any making them right now. Or you could get somebody to machine a hollow adaptor axis (and end hub caps) for you, in case you would like to stay with your hub...

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Thanks slim, but it's the reverse about which I am asking...

I have a 100mm QR20 hub and am wondering what would happen if I used a 110mm spaced fork.

Actually you do not....

20mm through axle hubs (what you have) are 110mm wide. 9mm qr hubs are 100mm.

corespondingly, all 20mm through axle forks have 110mm spacing, and all qr forks have 100mm spacing.

S.n.a.k.e.

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
N. Tonawanda, NY
Actually you do not....

20mm through axle hubs (what you have) are 110mm wide. 9mm qr hubs are 100mm.

corespondingly, all 20mm through axle forks have 110mm spacing, and all qr forks have 100mm spacing.
Thanks Dave.
I measured my hubs this morning, as well as an old 9mm QR I had laying around, and to quote Madeline Kahn "It's twoo, twoo".
Guess that is one of those "everyone knows that" kind of facts...

Which I didnt know, but do now, and as GI Joe says "knowing is half the battle".

Peace,

Marc

Last edited: